I sat down at the computer last Wednesday to update the blog and catch up on email. It was a sunny day.
The power went out and when it came back on I couldn't connect to my email and my cordless phones had died.
I did everything I could think of then called the computer tech.
How did we survive without cordless phones for all those years? I dug an old phone out of the garage and had to clean the dirt and grime off of it. We plugged it into the kitchen connection. We were running for 4 days to answer that phone in the kitchen!
Sometimes it would ring and we would just look at each other...ok, who is going to get up and answer it? It was an OLD phone with no answering machine, caller id or voice mail so if you missed the call...it was gone!
We bought new phones over the weekend so we are now reconnected. We make fun of the children always sitting in front of their video games & computers and on their cell phones but we certainly realized that we too are prisoners of this new tech world! If you don't think so.....shut off your computer and uplug your cordless and cell phones. Then make only 1 phone available...no caller id or voice mail!
Thank goodness we didn't lose the tv remote or we might have become suicidal!
I promise new pictures and more updates this weekend.
It's great to be reconnected!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Funny how times have changed! I remember not having all of this technology. Some times I think it would be nice to live like the Amish! I know that is a little exteme but I think I might really enjoy it! :) I am weird like that!
Alright Miss Leslie! We are dying to see race pictures. I know you have alot of kids this week,but you are the best multi tasker ever!
Post a Comment