Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wise words....

I don't have much time before my little people arrive for daycare/Preschool but I received a couple of emails this week with messages that I thought were important....

"Everyone is hungry for a kind word. Feed them."

AND

"Watch your thoughts, they become words
Watch your words; they become actions
Watch your actions, they become habits
Watch your habits, they become character
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny"

I just loved those 2 emails. Life is tough these days. Be kind to one another. And especially for the sake of children who are watching us....be a person of good character....they will, in all likelihood, become what they live with. Fill your homes with love and joy and may they see you work through the hard times with a faith and trust in our Lord! It's going to be okay!

I love you all....sorry I'm such a blog party pooper these days! I could use an extra day in the week and a few more hours in my days! I'll be back with pictures...someday!

Congratulations to granddaughters, Madison AND Grace, who tried out and were selected for Miss Jennifer's Elite Dance Team! We are very proud of you both.

Happy 76th Birthday to my dad, David Hood! He was born September 29, 1932.

Prayer Request for my mom who undergoes knee replacement surgery at Grant Hospital tomorrow, October 9th. She will be in the hospital for 4 days. Her goal is to be up and running by Thanksgiving! She has a great attitude going into this and I'm sure she will do wonderful! (even though she is a self professed "whimp" I would never give her that title!)

And last but certainly not least...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUSBAND....MIKE!!!! His birthday is TODAY, OCTOBER 8th!!

He took a vacation day so he is hanging at home with me and the kids. I had hoped to send him off golfing with our son in law but the weather didn't cooperate!

love to all....

2 comments:

madonna said...

yea! =) miss you guys...

Kirby Hasseman said...

It's funny. You are right...we are all hungry for kind words. My wife tells the girls, "Say something nice to someone today," as they go out to school. Wise words indeed. You are great!