Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Temporarily Out of Order...

I'm still here! First couple of weeks on the crutches I was just grouchy and grumpy (with a smile on my face) and now I'm annoyed by the cast and I just haven't felt like blogging. I don't think you really want to hear about me hopping to the kitchen for a drink or my graceful attempts to get into and out of our deep soaking tub!!! My days have been filled with elevating and icing!

I'm grateful to my mom for helping me with the children but I can't tell you how hard it was for me to give up control. I tried to stay in the loop for a day but quickly realized I couldn't do it. So I became a supervisor.

Doctor appointment last Friday. I get to walk on the cast. That lifted my spirits until I realized that I might have been faster on the crutches!! Whoa is me!!! Will this never end!!

Mike and I decided to do a "Lonesome Dove" marathon on Saturday and we watched 8-9 hours of this wonderful western saga! We would stop it for bathroom and food breaks! We are really wild party animals in our old age!

I did get a bit pumped up for a trip to Wal Mart on Sunday (Hey...I've been pretty much stuck at home for 2 weeks...Wal Mart sounded like the party of the year!). I had to cut my list short because my leg was hurting a bit and my other knee was hurting and I refused to use a wheelchair or those electric scooter things they have!!

It hasn't all been bad.....I've received some beautiful flowers, wonderful meals, lots of cards (that Mike always opens before me...he's such a kid!) I got to see what it was like to sit around all day doing nothing....(it's not as great as I thought it would be!) I got to spend the night with the kids while their mom was out murdering someone last Friday....(go to her blog for details of the Murder Mystery Reunion Party) **she had nothing to do with the REAL murder that happened on Saturday in Coshocton!!! Mike took me to Bob Evans for breakfast Sunday morning after church then I watched Madison's Elite Dance Dress Rehearsal....(it was awesome). I've been able to move around much better this week and did more with the children (almost putting my mom out of work...but not quite).

It's been a L O N G 2 1/2 weeks!

I must say....I will be excited to clean my house when I'm up and running again. I might even get excited about scouring the bathroom and polishing the furniture!

Good luck to the Elite Dancers who go to their first competition this weekend.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers during my unfortunate and regrettable chair accident. May this miserable memory rush into your mind anytime you think about standing on a child's chair to do anything!

Happy March...don't forget to turn your clocks up Saturday night!

3 comments:

Valerie Miller said...

MOM! You should get one of those electric scooters at WalMart....that would be so fun! Let's do it! LOL I'll take my camera.

Lonesome Dove.....oh my goodness, is this what Matt and I have to look forward to in 25 years? I will stick to 8 hours of Bourne Identity series for now!

Glad to see a new blog update!

I am so sick of winter......and 2 hour delays...they are so inconvenient for working parents with grandparents 25 minutes away!

Valerie said...

Glad to hear your moving around. I just now realized I went a whole day without pain in my foot and both wrists following my tumble.

Movie marathons .. maybe I'll do a Sex in the City marathon this weekend. Kujo is working 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. tomorrow and I can watch about 2-3 seasons tomorrow alone! I get so addicted watching the DVD series .. I just can't stop watching .. even though I know what happens next. May'be I'll do a Grey's Anatomy marathon in anticipation of the new episodes now that the writers are back to work!

I too am sick of winter Valerie M. My first trip out to get pictures for the site today I had snow in my dress shoes and my tootsies were freezing!

Valerie B.

Tam-e said...

Yea! You are back! Good to hear that you got some time out of the house! No one likes being couped up! I love to roam @ Wally World! I hope you received my email I had sent.