Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pep Rally...aka Women of Faith Conference

I am packing this morning! Today we leave for the Women of Faith Conference at Nationwide Arena in Columbus. This year I am going with a group of 8 women from our church.

I can't explain what it's like to be with 20,000 + Christian women for this incredible gathering! Valerie went with Matt's family in 2003 or 2004. I can remember her calling me...so excited...telling me about all the books she wanted to buy...about the inspiring music and singers and speakers...and insisting that we go together the next year. We had gone every year with the exception of last year. I'm very emotional this year and ready to surrender to God's will in my life. I need strength to find a healthier lifestyle. You would think having cancer would make it easy to diet and exercise but I continue to struggle.

None of my family is going this year but lots of friends from Coshocton, Pataskala, Frazeysburg & Dresden will be there in different areas!

We are seated in section 115 row N and we are staying at the Hampton Inn at the airport.

Mike will be hanging out at home working on the fence and the yard. I get home Saturday night and he has his first golf outing on Sunday.

Valerie is running a 5K race at The Wilds on Saturday. I hate missing it but I know she will have fun and do great!

It is going to be a wonderful and blessed weekend for everyone!

I'll tell you all about it when I return!


2 comments:

Tam-e said...

Sounds like you are pumped for a great weekend! I finally took a few moments to get caught up on your blog. That is wonderful about the results from your Dr. visit! Yea!!!! God is good!
Your little Grace is so cute! And you are right for not going and painting Mikes special board! I know how that is wanting to spice things up! Sometimes it is better left the way it started! The memories will be cherished!
I went to the WOF conference last year. I wasn't that excited! I had gone before and enjoyed it. My friends go every year and they weren't impressed with last year. They said it was a repeat from the year before. They were a little disappointed! You didn't miss much! :) So with that being said, Enjoy this year! I chose not to go to the conference but will stay on Sat night with my friends in Columbus. My girlfriend will be coming in from Arkansas! It will be really great to see her! Have a wonderful weekend!

her said...

Lesile...I hope God gives you something great to hold onto this weekend.
I do have a question..are you related to any Bebouts in the Newark area? My bio-dad's last name is Bebout and my husband grew up w/Bebouts in Harbor Hills.

Just courious...I went to school w/Marty in case you are courious about me...haha..Wink

Joy, Debi