Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Temporarily Out of Order....strep infection

I haven't posted for a while. I said goodbye to my daycare children last Wednesday and had a bit of sore throat. Late that evening started chilling and had terrible headache and sore throat was now big blistery aliens living in my mouth!

Mike had left for a 3 day golf trip with Matt and friends. As most of you know...I'm not a good doctor person...cancer didn't change that much. I took my Tylenol, drank water (which wasn't easy), laid and prayed for a miracle healing. Friday I called the doctor.

I've been taking an antibiotic called a "Z pack." Good stuff. Taking my last one today.

I was looking forward to some fun time with Val and the grandkids while Mike & Matt were gone. We had planned a movie night for Thursday and Friday was their first day out of school for Summer break....possibilities for fun were endless! I was very disappointed and Valerie had to find last minute daycare, which I knew was not easy no matter how calm she sounded as she tried to reassure me they would be okay. We had planned this for weeks!

Feeling great and hoping to keep the grandkids this week. They are attending Vacation Bible School in the mornings! I can't wait to hear all about it!

I was well enough to attend nephew Logan Lewis's graduation Open House on Sunday. I have a few pictures. Mike took some great pictures of his golf trip. I'll try to get them posted this week.

Hope everyone is feeling great and having a wonderful Summer.



1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hope you get feeling better soon. Soar throats are no fun!