Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!


My mom keeps talking to me about taking care of her in her old age. She says she is getting old, which always surprises and catches me off guard!

Old? I don't see her that way! She has more energy than me! She is always ready to do anything at a moments notice....I'm usually too tired! Organizes meals for dozens of people at a time and has it all down to how many pounds of turkey/ham and how many shredded chicken and sloppy joe sandwiches.....My blood pressure is up if I have to plan a meal for more than 6! She does it like it's nothing! She gets birthday and anniversary cards ready weeks before the special days...I have trouble remembering to send out one card! She has church on Sunday, Club on Mondays, choir practice on Wednesdays, Volunteers at our elementary school on Fridays and lots of grandchildren & great grandchildren activities in between. She is "on call" for taxi service to doctors and dentists, for trips to the drugstore and grocery store and to deliver forgotten items to schools!

She is a Christian mother. She prays and prays and prays. We all need her prayers!

She puts up with my moods and my strong opinions. She puts up with my dad...we won't go into those details! She understands when our lives get so busy that we don't call or stop in as much as we should. She is forgiving...

She is an incredible woman and she is my mom! I thank God for putting us together and be assured that IF she ever gets old she will have lots of family to take care of her!

I pulled out some fun pictures! You decide if she looks and acts 72 years old!





When I broke my leg she helped me babysit!


Madison's 8th birthday cook out last week...she was there!


Madison's Elite Spectacular...she was first in line with me at 4pm! The doors opened at 6:30!


She loved going to Pastries with Parents and Book Fair with her great grandchildren..Madison and Grace.


Here she is helping great granddaughter, Nevaeh, make a jellyfish.


Thanksgiving lunch in their garage! Some years we have nearly 60 people...just another day for Super Mom! (and she rarely sits down to eat with us!)


Suzy was home last Summer before the birth of Porter. Mom crotcheted her a baby blanket.

Dance recitals...she never misses one!


Being treated like the queen she is by grandson in law, Matt. This was the first official cook out on the deck at the new house.

Girls night out last year! We went to dinner then....
took her for her first pedicure and manicure with Tayler..... birthday girls! What a fun night!!


Christmas travels...she tries to get to everyone on Christmas.


She is as big a Dawg fan as Mike and I! I love this picture of her at the TriValley/Logan game!
She was so proud of grandson Logan at the football banquet!
I love this picture of mom and dad.


Grace's birthday party at the river. I think Grace looks like my mom.
After all the cake and ice cream, she went for a boat ride with dad and Grandma Mona!


We took her to Disney's Princess on Ice.....Madison was very sick. She started running a fever at the show. We still had a wonderful time!


Another Girl's Night Out to the Miss Southeastern Ohio pageant! We laughed so hard at dinner and in the line, we almost wet ourselves.


Mom and Dad joined in the celebration of Chad's 30th birthday and his graduation from Carolina Law School.


My "hot" momma! We take her on vacation and she loves to cook, do laundry and clean up after us!! Really! She does! I'm not making that up!
A moment with grandson..

We did this family vacation a few years ago! All 19 stayed in one beachhouse. It was fun....let's do it again!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
If I didn't know better, I would think you are lying about your age (is it possible to tell people you are older than you really are?)....you can't be 72!!

Birthday kisses and hugs from
your #1

2 comments:

Angie King said...

Well Sweet Sassy!! :)
Happt birthday Yvonne! It's great to see her acting as young as she is! You're kids have indeed been blessed & vice versa of course!!

Marty said...

I love looking at the photos of all of you.

Your parents have not aged a bit. And no I wouldn't believe she is 72, are you sure?

I read your comment on Tam-e's page. Am thinking and praying for a good report.

love you!