Saturday, August 16, 2008

Down in 3 Days...Frazeysburg High School

My Dad graduated from FHS with the Class of l950. My mom graduated with the Class of l954. I always loved walking through the hallways and looking for them on the class pictures hanging high on the walls.

I went to Red Raider Basketball games in this gym as a child. I liked sitting on the stage bleachers. Oh and I loved coming to the gym to watch the high school Junior and Senior Class plays on the stage! What a treat!

I attended Jr. High in this building when Frazeysburg consolidated with Dresden, Nashport, Adamsville into the old Jefferson High School building.

Recently, it has been used as the Intermediate building for 5th & 6th grades. The 4 new elementary schools will welcome K-6th and the students will join together in the beautiful Middle School for 7th & 8th grades.

I love our new schools with all their updates but this was still very sad to witness. Someone told me they located the old cornerstone and it contained a time capsule. I hope they make the contents public.

I think the school was built in l918 then added on 30 years later. I'm not sure of my facts...correct me in comments and feel free to add to the memories!


Day one demo....




Day two demo....

Day three demo......


No comments: