Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Val!

It's a girl!

I was so surprised having convinced myself that Chad was going to have a little brother. I went to the doctor 31 years ago today....3 weeks past my due date...and the doctor said I was having contractions. He sent me to the hospital to "keep them going." It took 6 hours once they got the induction medication going...it was really an easy delivery and she was so cute weighing in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, 19 inches long.

She has been a blessing every minute of her life.....

By the way....the other names we had picked were Barbie and Amy Dawn....I'm glad Mike's choice won...she doesn't look like an Amy Dawn and she looked just like a Barbie doll but what grief that would have caused for a lifetime! She is our Valerie...perfect name...perfect(well, most of the time)daughter!

Birthday girl and her family. Happy Birthday Valerie!

2 comments:

Valerie Miller said...

Wow....Grace got waaaay more pictures on her birthday--I see how I rate! I mean, you didn't share my favorite color and my likes and dislikes, my cute personality! AND I love to pose for the camera!

haha Thanks for the birthday cake, and note and coffee in the mornings

Love ya

Marty said...

Happy Birthday Valerie! Such a beautiful young lady you are.

This photo is wonderful. I love it!! You have a very nice likely family.

Happy Birthday!!