Hello everyone....
I am feeling better everyday. Admittedly a bit impatient with my progress but see small victories, none the less. I am ready to wake up with energy and a bounce in my step. I am having some back pain when I stand too long and I have lost my passion for my computer, reading and food. What's that all about!
Don't get me wrong....I eat! The meals we are getting from our church family are simply incredible! I just can't eat much and my former passions for breads and desserts seem to be hiding somewhere within(more for Mike). I had delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies this week and I only ate one. Val wanted to know who I was and where her real mom was hiding. She knows my love for desserts!
I consider it all part of God's plan to make me a healthier person. I would have preferred Him telling me in a "burning bush" way or a "dream" rather than this cancer thing but I feel His presence in everything. I am eating 3 small meals a day, nothing much after dinner and continue to walk a 1/2 - 1 mile (30 minutes) I am now down 33 pounds....6 pounds from my weight at Matt & Val's wedding where I think I looked pretty great and I was still at least 30 pounds overweight. This time I will keep eating healthy instead of hanging up my gown and heading to the buffet!
I had a good week at home but it sure was quiet! I think part of my frustration is thinking about all the wallpaper stripping and painting I could be getting done if this healing and recovery time would go a little faster! I would love my little ones to come back to a great new space!
It was Vacation Bible School week at church and I was supposed to be doing the opening and closing music sessions! I was so excited about the sports theme! I had my uniforms and head gear all figured out and lots of fun ideas! I am grateful that Debbie was there to take over for me but I can't help but look at the clock every night at 6pm and think about all the kids and teachers and the lives they are touching and the seeds they are planting! I'll be back next year!
The grandchildren came for a visit last night. It was wonderful to hear those precious words.....Grandma, Grandma, Grandma. They never say it just once! They repeat it over and over again. And they are so careful not to hug too hard and when they come over to snuggle, they want to be sure they aren't hurting me. Grace gave her baby doll a bath in the sink and we powdered and dressed her. (our little mommy). Madison snuggled and play nintendo and computer. It was wonderful to have the sounds of kids back in the house. We took a short walk together and held hands. Do they really have to grow up? I treasure these times with them and I really hope I can set better examples for them to live by.
Andrew and I missed our first Harry Potter movie opening! The last movie we stood in line for hours and met tons of fun people. It was the midnight showing and we got home after 3am! It was so much fun!! He assured me we could just go to this movie together. It didn't have to be on the opening day. I am a blessed Grandma and I am looking forward to my date with my Grandson to see Harry Potter!
Mike went back to work on Monday. It was hard to let him go and I admit to crying a few tears at 5:30am when he left. He wrote me a beautiful letter to find when I got up! xoxoxoxo He has been pretty happy with his lunch bucket meals this week..... the leftovers from our church dinners! I'm afraid he is going to be really disappointed when reality sets in and it's back to PB & J and cereal in a week! All good thing must come to an end Sweetie and I can't compete with these church meals!
So, that's where we are 3 weeks out from surgery! Thank you for your continued love, prayers and support!
hugs for everyone!
Leslie
I
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Leslie,
I am soo glad to hear of your Progress. I still look everyday to see how you are progressing. It is wonderful to hear that you are recovering well.
Everytime (everyday) when I talk to Mom I always ask about you and how you are doing. I cant wait to call her and let HER know I read your blog first so I can tell her how you are doing...lol
I bet it was nice to have those wonderful grandkids around you. All their love will forsure heal you and make all the pain go away faster then the meds.
Well just wanted to stop by and tell ya I still think of you everyday and you are still and will always be in my prayers. Try not go get impatient with your progress. Just take it one day at a time. One day you will wake up ..go threw your day and think....WOW..no pain.......but just be patient......Like you said... GOD has a plan!
Oh and I wanted to tell you...What a wonderful husband you have. How sweet is he for writing you a little love note before going to work...just how sweet is that....Can I send my hubby to your house for Mike to train him for a few weeks...lol. OH you are so blessed. Mike is going to have all the Men in Frazeysburg mad at him for doing all the "Romantic" things. They are all going to come up to him and say...."My wife is reading Leslie's blog and sees how sweet you are to Leslie.....Now my wife wants me to do the same".....lol tee-hee.
Well....my son, Kyle and I are going school shopping. Yes almost that time of year. Kyle will be a Sophomore. He is just growing up tooo fast. So I guess I better get going. So nice to hear how you are doing.
May your Heart be filled with Love and your body filled with HEALTH.
Thinking of you
Teresa (Barnhard) Denman
Leslie, I am so glad that your recovery is going so well. I know how impatient we can be during recovery. I have been told that my recovery could take 2 to 4 years. It has been almost a year since my diagnosis and it seems like a lot longer than that. I pray that you will continue to recover and enjoy spending time with your family and love ones.
Luann Carskadden
Dear Leslie:
I never realized that true magnitude of your surgery--people are like that--not understanding what someone has gone through because they haven't gone through it themselves... I apologize, but I do pray for you and I think about you every day. Hope and Charity miss you, too. Looking forward to seeing you soon! Love, Jackie Maziar.
Post a Comment