Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Woo Hoo PTL!

It's been 2 weeks today since I had my surgery! Mike and I just took our biggest walk yet and stopped into our house to say hello to Chloe cat and check email.

I have lots of deep and emotional thoughts and tons of thank you's to send but I'm too happy to get that emotional this morning....so check back tomorrow or Friday for the "yucky cry" blog update. I'm sure it will take hours to post and lots of tissue as we reflect on the past couple of weeks.

I feel as strong as ever that the discovery of these tumors were a miracle and the outlook would have been much bleaker if they had not been found this early.

Anyway, I am feeling stronger...down to one pain pill and 3 naps a day. I sleep alot. I will fall asleep sitting up. I fall asleep talking to people. I think it's the oddest thing! I have been sleeping flat in a bed for the past couple of nights which was a bit scary for a while. I would panic at the thought of not being able to get up. I would prop myself up on 5-7 pillows and I refused to leave mom's couch.

The incision has become our family "fish story." I would hear Valerie tell people..."Mom has to remember she has a 14 inch incision around her side" then it would become..."Mom forgets she has a 16 inch incision in her!" and on the drive home from the Clinic last week my whopper of an incision grew to 20 inches as she talked to someone! She makes me smile...I would laugh if it didn't hurt so much! I think it will end up measuring 14-15 inches when the tape comes off and we can see it clearly.

We are looking forward to watching the fireworks at dad and mom's tonight. Praying the rain holds off.

I am planning to move back home tomorrow. Dad and Mom have been incredible caretakers the past week. I know the first few days were particularly hard on them as I struggled with some emotions and pain. There is nothing worse for a parent than to see their child in pain and crying....even their 52 year old child! And my hero, my husband....I had some major withdrawal issues letting him go back into the world and away from my side.

I received notice from the clinic yesterday that I have procedure scheduled on August 2 to remove the stint...It feels a bit like a speed bump in my smooth road to recovery and my face must have reflected that as my dad told me not to think about it. I guess I just didn't expect the prep time to sound so much like surgery and it does. I'm probably making too much out of it and it will be nothing!

Thank you to everyone for your love, prayers and support, not only for me but for my family. I am happy & blessed....

I'll be back.....actually....I am back! (and all the Given Dawson gang shout..."HOORAY!)
love, Leslie



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

I knew it wouldnt take long for you to start feeling better. You are a strong women and with all the love and support around you how could you not get well. Love cures many things.

3 naps and and 1 pain pill is GREAT! Take all the naps you can get it. They are wonderful yet sometimes addicting..lol. Just ask Mom and Rick..lol. Got to love those two. hehehe.

Cant wait for the "YUCKY CRY" blog. Guess I will have to get my tissues out as well. I love reading your updates...I have your page on my favorites. I look everyday to see if you have posted anything.

As I was talking to Mom on the phone the other day she was making you some dinner. I told her to tell you that the Choc. Pie was from me..lol. I also hear Mike is loving the food as well...maybe a little too much..lol. Oh just tell him your walks will take it right off. He can afford to gain some weight ...I also told Mom..You and Mike have NOT changed a bit in all these years. Do you guys have a secreat...lol

Well hope you have a great rest of the week and Great weekend

May your heart be filled with Joy and your body strong

GOD BLESS you and your family

Teresa (Barnhard) Denman

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Les,
So good to hear from you!!! We are all so proud of you and can't wait to see that smiling face. Keep walking and you'll be back to feeling like your old (make that new and improved) self again soon.

Love you!!!!
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Hi--So nice to hear from you! I heard you made it up to the club on July 4th!! Valerie was so happy to see you! What a nice surprise for her!

You continue to be in my daily thoughts and prayers. Take care!
Love, Donna