Hello Family & Friends...
I'm not going to post my usual "book" of information tonight. We just returned home from our 2nd time to the Clinic this week and I just took a pain pill.
My little 15-30 procedure in the office on Tuesday, turned into an hour and a half surgery today. Good news is that I'm home.
Last week my back pain and pressure became worse then on Sunday I started to bleed. We headed to the clinic on Tuesday to have some tests and take out the stint. Nothing seemed to go smooth that day which was probably an omen for the stint removal not going well. My stint had moved UP and kinked and they couldn't do it with a local anesthetic...bummer. We came home. Everything was scheduled to be complete that day at 11am. We left the clinic at 4pm knowing that I would have to go back over. Thank you to my "girl team" of Valerie, Ida and Mom! We got up at 3am that day to make the drive. Lots of waiting room time for them....totally not fun. I love you all.
Mike and I went over on Thursday for more tests. The surgery was today.
Let's talk a minute about this stint. The only stint I am familiar with is my dad's stints in his heart....small...inch or 2 and they look like a little soft spring. That's what I thought I had all this time. I thought mine was like dad's! We found out yesterday that mine is flexible and is a foot or more long....with one end hooking into my kidney and the other end hooking into my bladder. The bladder portion had kinked behind my bladder.
Anyway....it's out and I have a new one for 3 days and I can remove it myself!
Thank you to my Owens Aeroflex guys for helping Mike get the time off to take me yesterday and continuing to be a great support to Mike. It was a tough week for him too.
I'm feeling a bit frustrated and I was even a bit angry earlier but I did a big cry and feel much calmer tonight. There are so many things to be thankful for....If I had kept my appointment for August 2 (which I don't think I could have survived the pain that long) They would have sent me back home and I would have been scheduled for surgery the 2nd week of August. At least I got it all taken care of in a week.
Okay....that's enough for tonight. I made my blog brown because I've had a poopy of a week! Hoping for better things to post during week 5!
Mike and I both send our love to everyone. We are blessed!
Friday, July 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment