Val had to wake her up every hour that night to watch for signs of a concussion. During one of the "wake-up" calls, Val asked her "Madison, do you remember what happened to you tonight?" Madison replied in a very concerned tone...."Mommy, I remember that I fell on the piano but I can't remember the names of all my aunts and uncles at Thanksgiving. There were a lot of them so that is okay, right?"
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Chad and Keri just left for home. It's Wednesday, 2:30am. It all goes by so quickly! I'll download pictures from the camera and give you some of our Christmas stories very soon. In the meantime, Valerie goes back to work today at 8am and Mike had to be at Owens Corning at 3am this morning. I'm alone for the first time in several days and I can't get back to sleep. There is something about loved ones being on the road in the dark that is unsettling to me even as I prayed for safe travels for everyone. I'm sure they will all be fine but I will feel better when Mike calls from work and Chad and Keri check in from the road or from home.
I'm going to watch a little tv and hopefully get very tired.
love to all...
Leslie
This is the picture of Madison's injury on the back of her head. You can clearly see the staple. It looks like she could have used another one or two but Val said it is fine. Aunt Ginger is doing staple removal this week!
7 comments:
Head stapling must be a pretty common procedure. I took my friends son to the ER a couple months ago to have one put in. They planned on one staple, but he took the first one so well they put a second one in. What a way to end the holiday! Hope she's doing well.
Valerie (Boateng that is)
Note to Valerie's mom - This is the other Valerie who works with Valerie.
Hey Leslie,
I feel so bad for Madi...but I really had to kind of laugh. She is just to hysterical. I absolutely loved the 2 messages I got from her on the answering machine. The kids were dying to call and talk to her. The first one she seemed so sad, but the next one, she was all out funny! She told the whole story play by play.
We had a wonderful Christmas! I am sure the kids are just dying to tell you about everything! What fun!!! It was definately the best so far! Well, we will miss you this week...see you Monday! Love you! -Michele-
okay, Madison has been checking the blog daily to see if "her head" made it yet. On the way home from the ER, she said, "oh yes, I bet this will definately make Gma's blog"
She also told the ER Doctor he was lucky she did locks of love b/c he had a lot of hair to hold back when he put in the staple.
Michelle, as soon as it happened, Grace was sobbing and said, "oh no, now she has to have brain surgery like Connor" I quickly let her know it is quite different, but Madison told any nurse or doctor that would listen about her needing to tell Connor that staple didn't even hurt b/c he was having brain surgery, so he would probably need a few more! I didn't even realize she called you twice. I was a bit tired from waking her up all night!
Oh, kids! I would love to have heard that play by play on the answering machine.....and to top it off, she is still climbing on the back of the couch!
Hey Val...
I saved the messages... they are just to cute. Hopefully if they don't get erased, I can let you hear them. She is just to precious. I'm glad she got along ok....They never learn...Conner is living proof of that. He is still one active little guy. Talk to you later! -Michele-
My staple is not hurting me at all.I am doing great with the staple in.Hey Valerie I am doing fine with the staple in so no worries.I just chocked on a ice cube and I am still OK.
Madison Miller
My staple is not hurting me at all.I am doing great with the staple in.Hey Valerie I am doing fine with the staple in so no worries.I just chocked on a ice cube and I am still OK.
Madison Miller
Madison -
Glad to hear your head is not hurting, but please, please be careful with that ice
Val (B)
Post a Comment