We thought he would be at work. Upon our arrival, we found Chad in his grubby work clothes(not his attorney suit and tie) and looking pretty exhausted! He had just finished laying his new floor...no more white carpet in his downstairs! And....if that wasn't surprise enough, his white walls are now a soft gray color and his kitchen is a wonderful orangy red! And....there is a motorcycle on his dining room ledge (where I usually sit my suitcase!) I thought he might be working on it....but...no...it's a conversation piece! He has wonderful paintings to hang, new light fixtures & many other plans that I can't wait to see completed. I will keep you updated!
Chad has a friend who is a designer on the HGTV show "Design on a Dime." (His name escapes my memory at the moment) He is a great motivation to Chad and his non conventional decorating ideas! I can't wait to see it all come together. Chad did all that work (with help from girlfriend Keri) in just 3-4 days. I was impressed.
Here are a few pics.....
New floor to replace the grease and dirt stained white carpet.
A unique conversation piece.....interesting
This wasn't a part of the new room. Chad showed his 2007 awards to his dad. He had a great year racing his vintage British motorcycle. He ended up points leader for his division.(I think that's the correct description) He has a racing blog if you want to read about his escapades. I liked it better when his hobby was stamps! He will be racing at Mid Ohio in Mansfield in July. He would love some hometown support! http://carolinatriumph.blogspot.com (I think that's it!)
Chad & Keri took us out to this wonderful authentic Italian restaurant for dinner. The food and wine were delicious! Mike's spaghetti and meatballs were served in a BIG bowl....fun idea! Thank you Chad and Keri!! What a fun night! (I wonder if they will have Ranch dressing for your dad next time!) Katie was a good sport and a fun waitress!
No comments:
Post a Comment