Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Beauty & the Beast

Grandma Great and I took Madison and Grace with us on the Licking County Aging Program bus to the LaComedia Dinner Theater in Springboro, Ohio to see a performance of Beauty and the Beast. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive. The girls were so funny on the bus. They were worried about people breaking the bus rules. They must have some pretty tough school bus drivers in Coshocton! Grace was worried that Aunt Cookie and our friend Ruby were being way too loud (and would be thrown off the bus!) and people didn't stop talking at the railroad crossings. I had brought some drinks and snacks and Grace was so nervous eating them. She kept asking..."are you sure we are allowed to do this Grandma?" They finally agreed this was a "no rules" bus. They were great travelers! (and the cutest!)

Madison & Grace waiting on their salads. After the salads, we were invited to the buffet which was located on the stage. You can see it in the backround.


On a trip to the bathroom we took a couple of pictures in the lobby area. There were several curios with glass figurines and snowglobes.


No pictures allowed during the performance but we met all the characters in the lobby following the play! This was the Prince/Beast. He was so sweet to the girls!


Grace and Mrs. Potts. Grace wanted her picture with all the characters. Madison wanted autographs.


Chip, Mrs Pott's son. He was 10 years old and looked very different without his wig!


This was the opera singer, Madame de la Bouche. The spell turned her into a wardrobe closet!


The girls talking to Cogsworth (the clock) and Lumiere (candlestick) who were awesome!!


Ooo lala...it's Babette, the upstairs maid who was turned into a feather duster by the spell! She was very funny!!


Madison went over and talked to the ensemble of dancers and singers!


The girl who played Belle had a beautiful voice! She was only 20 years old.


I've never really loved "bad boys" but that Gaston was fabulous! You couldn't help but laugh at his antics!

This was a fun trip. The drive over was actually very easy! Next year they are presenting Annie and High School Musical. Many of the actors and Actresses are theater and music majors from Ohio colleges and several are studying in New York. They have a website listing all their shows...several are adult themed....Full Monty is coming soon!

2 comments:

Tam-e said...

I wish I would have know you would be so close to me. I could've swung by and said "Hello" We live right up the street from the La Comedia dinner theater. We have been there on several occasions! We enjoy seeing the shows there. Wish I had gone and seen this show. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Leslie Bebout said...

Oh Tame!! I had no idea you lived close to the theater! Are you in Springboro? We would have loved seeing you! I'm sure we will go back sometime! We will let you know! There were many little girls celebrating their birthdays...the food was delicious and there isn't a bad seat in the theater. We loved it.