Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mid Ohio Vintage Motorcycle Race...July 08

The daunting Mid Ohio track. Chad has raced at Daytona and Talledaga but he says the turns at Mid Ohio are the most challenging!


Another view and I think that might be Chad flying by!


We saw nephew Darin and his family at the annual Frazeysburg Homecoming in June. They asked about Chad. We told them he would be up for the Mid Ohio races in July. What a wonderful surprise for Chad and Uncle Mike when they came with their beautiful daughters, Lorin and Lydia to see the races!


Mike was so impressed with this sponsor's trophy. He said it was made by a welder.


Mike took his cornhole boards.






I just loved this picture of cousin Rod talking to Chad before or after a race. Rod attend Mid Ohio every year. He was over on Friday this year.





That is alot of equipment for a 90 degree day!
#1 Pit crew member....dad....giving #1 son a good start!
Chokes me up a little looking at this picture....I love these guys!


I'm not sure if the umbrella was for the rain or the heat, but it's another great father/son picture!
My "Ton Up" man on his big cycle! You go honey!


Keri and Amy keeping things under control at Garage #23!


As much as Mike loves going to MO to see Chad, he also loves hanging out with cousin Rod who lives close by!
I don't remember this man's name but I think his story is that he has gone around the world twice on his motorcycle. He is famous in the biker world.


The closest thing I have to a Bebout grandchild....#281! lol



....some fatherly advice or a good story...


Mike, Chad and Alex



The Wise family hanging out in the garage.



Several people have asked for this blog post of Chad at Mid Ohio! Our nephew, Darin, took some fantastic digitals but I haven't been able to figure out how to get them uploaded to my blog. I'll keep trying.

I am doing this while Mike is at work so I'm not sure all my facts are correct. Chad can correct them in "comments." As you can tell....I just couldn't bring myself to attend yet. Mike LOVES going over and hanging out with our Ton Up Club family but when he says that it's hard to watch, then I KNOW it's going to be tough for me! I totally support Chad's love of the sport and I know he takes every precaution to be safe. Maybe next year....

I know I am his mom, but I think he looks really great in his race gear! Oh by the way...he came in 8th in his race and it was red flagged when 17 riders and their cycles went down. Thankfully he was behind them and rode up on them after it happened. He also had some rain during his race.

Thank you Keri for your great pictures! I love the ones of Mike pushing Chad on the cycle and the one of him holding the umbrella over him on the track!

Darin, Bobbi, Lorin and Lydia....thank you for going over and supporting Chad! And thank you for the incredible pictures! I will keep trying to get them uploaded to my blog so I can share them. The ones of him actually racing are wonderful!

Hope to see more family and friends next year! The last weekend in July!




2 comments:

Angie King said...

Well, looks like Isabella was a good girl today! I could never get all this blogging done w/ a kid running around! Told ya you were a great multi tasker. Having those Grand daughters for a few days really did make a difference! LOL!

I really hate that we didn't get to go see Chad race. Jimmy would have loved it! Big Jimmy that is! Lil' Jimmy would have enjoyed too!

Cool pics of the eaglets too! Did you know there was an adult eagle hanging out in the field on Canal Rd a few months ago. We've got it on camera for those of you who don't want to believe! They are so awesome to watch. Ok, enough of the babbling! Lets pray for an easy morning drop off tomorrow!! :)

Leslie Bebout said...

Isabelle and I had a great morning of playdough and sorting the toyroom. We went shopping at Family Dollar and had lunch together at the DQ! Grandma Tammy picked her up early! 12:15!! What a nice surprise! I had a whole afternoon to do productive things....I was on the computer for the majority of it! Oh my..