Thursday, June 28, 2007

Birthday Girl!

Mom is feeling as good as expected only 8 days out from surgery. Had a good night and is really relaxing at Grandmas. She and Dad walked up Clay Street and back this morning. She is getting back on the walking schedule today....we gave her a day off yesterday.

Breeleigh.....I was cracking up at your comment about planning a party! Please, bring the polka dot tablecloths. Yes, Mom keeps saying she doesn't want today to be her birthday....so we anticipate when she is feeling up to a recovery/birthday dinner in a few weeks, we are taking her to Raven's Glen Winery. The kids and I are going there this evening to take her some birthday surprises. They got to see her last night and they were completely precious! They had so much to catch her up on--they talked non stop--I don't know "where" they get that?! haha

I woke up with Dad in my living room this morning! He is enjoying being home and said "Mom looked so pretty this morning" That about melted my heart!

So, I will be sure to have her read all her "birthday wishes" on the blog today! Thank you all for continued prayers and remembering her on this special day! She is a proud "52" with a 29 year old spirit--right Teresa?!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birhtday Leslie!! Mom said she saw you walking up the street today! I am soooooooooo proud of you! I didn't expect any less than how hard you have worked at your recovery!! You are a WONDERFUL & LOVING woman and I think you deserve the world's greatest birthday ever!!LOL, Angie King!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I am so excited about all of the positive news. We are so proud of your progress and cannot wait to talk to you in person. Welcome Home!

Tons of Love!!

Amy

Tom and Sally said...

Happy Brithday Leslie!
Were so glad your home, and doing well. Were looking forward to seeing you, but also understand you need some time for family and grandkids. (they have missed you)
Give Grandpa Mike a bit hug for us, sounds like he has been a great caregiver.
Thanks for the updates Val, Love you all, Big "T" and Sally

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Leslie! I am glad everything is going so well!

Love ya!
Madonna

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Leslie! We are glad to hear you were out jogging...:)I mean walking this morning! God Bless and keep up the good work on getting well!!
Love- The Brown's

Coffman said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to Leslie
Happy Birthday to you!
Love
The Coffman Family
You are lucky that I really didn't sing this to you! I've never been asked to sing in our church choir- I still don't know why?????

Anonymous said...

We are happy to hear you are doing so well. Happy Birthday!!! We hope to see you soon. Miss you!

Love,
Matheu & Lucas (Tom & Misti too)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 29th !!!!!!

(Dont believe Val when she says you are 52)

I am sure you had a wonderful day. I bet seeing all your family and friends has been the best gift ever.

Hope someone got you a nice BIG O Ice Cream Cake from the Dairy Queen!! Oh I miss those. NO Dairy Queen here :(

Maybe sometime we (my family) can make the 19 something hour drive home. And when we do...I hope to see ya.

Happy Birthday.....and a "pitch" to get well.

Teresa (Barnhard) Denman

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is late, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I say go with 32, no one questions that one.

Roxanne Potter

Ginger Miller said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!! Lots of love sent your way, I am glad to be back at the firehouse for some rest from Matt!! Yikes! What a week! Way to go walking 8 days out!! I hope your feet are recovering, when I heard, it tugged my heart something awful and I was reminded of the tons of tears I shed over my feet, when I got home; I am hopeful that my words of encouragement got to you, I was talking through Matt to Val when he was talking to her on the phone, and you can imagine how well that went, knowing how much Matt LOVES to be on the phone :) I am patiently waiting my turn to get to see you when you are up for visitors, but know that in the mean time lots of well wishes and prayers are headed upward for you. Love ya lots, G

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news and that you are home. I bet that feels good. Take care and I hope you had a good birthday and when you are feeling better go out and celebrate. You deserve it!

Luann

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Anonymous said...

Happy Be-lated Brithday, Leslie!
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well! I can't wait to see you again!
Lots and lots of love-
Jami