This is Valerie, and Mom is admitted at the Clinic tonight. We feel very comfortable with the doctor caring for her tonight, and she really gave us some insight as to why we are here.
Mom's kidney is showing signs of being stressed. They need to eliminate things, by running the tests, to figure out how to get it functioning properly again. She has thankfully gotten an IV started to eliminate dehydration, I say "thankfully" b/c her poor veins have been through a lot, and everyone has struggled to find one. They will also be doing a cat scan between 1 and 2am to see where this fluid around her kidney is coming from, and why her kidney is not working properly. The doctor will be in at 6am, so we will know, here are the things that are possible at this point, another stint (if there is inflammation), a drain (to get the fluid out) or go home.....okay, I just added that one to be on the positive side!
Her spirits are great today, it has been a rough 6 weeks and to be back here at this stage in the recovery. I know has taken a lot of inner strength for her to be finding reasons to continue to smile up here tonight, but she is doing it and as always, I am so proud of her.
Well, better head up to bed, Gma and I are heading over at 5:30 and of course Dad is at the hospital sleeping on a chair to make sure he doesn't miss anything.
A special hug to my friends that are helping with my kids tonight and tomorrow, there are never words to express how you have touched my heart with your continued kindness. Jenny, keep the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies coming! That cookie therapy was just what I needed!
Hopefully, good news to report in the morning.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The Potter's are thinking of you. Let us know if there is anything you or your family needs. We will be there!!!!
Bill, Rox and Kenzie
Post a Comment