Wow...it's great to start with anything that includes the word "good!"
It's been so much fun at Matt & Val's. The only downside is that Mike is working nightshift and can't be here until the end of the week. He's coming over this afternoon after some sleep time.
Mornings are the best! Waking up with the grandchildren and having energy. By afternoon, I usually need a nap and my kidney area is starting to tighten and I feel a bit blotted and hard. I'm guessing it has something to do with the "leak" that is healing. My back hurts a bit after any lengthy walking or standing but it isn't anything I can't deal with. I think it is a side affect of my stint and I'm okay with that. By 7:30pm I'm ready for my pj's and usually pretty tired.
I'm heading to the doctor tomorrow morning to have the catheter removed. I'm a little nervous. It seems that anytime I have things removed I have issues. But I head to the Clinic on Monday so I figure I can see what happens over the weekend. It's funny to think about how I first reacted to having to come home with the catheter and now I'm hesitant to remove it!
Mike's phone calls from home have been so sad. He said it is really quiet and lonely there. I know!! That's exactly how I was feeling! Our house has always been full of the sounds of children! I can't remember when it was so quiet!
We head back to Cleveland on Monday. My first appointment is 1pm. I'll know my surgery time when I call the surgery center between 2 & 4. We are praying for a morning time! It is listed on my schedule as "in / out surgery!" I think it could end up being one of the following....removing the stint and looking for the scar tissue blockage...if it's a small area they will lazer then replace the stint. If the area is large, they will replace the stint and schedule a more extensive surgery to remove part of my ureter and reconnect the 2 good sections then replace the stint. They also mentioned something about a permanent stint. Bottom line....I hope I get to come home that day! We are guessing at all the scenarios. We will know more after the doctor appointment on Monday.
Grace just got up and there is a sister fight going on over who has more room on the couch! It's a wonderful sound!
Grace Moment....I was getting up from the couch yesterday and she ran over and said "Grandma, let me help you....you are really, really, really, really, really, really old!"
Madison meltdown....Val and I somehow got ourselves into an unplanned sorting of the basement playroom. It started out great...the girls were involved in other things. Then Madison realized we were sorting some things to put in a yard sale or trash. She went hysterical. You would have thought someone was dying. She wanted to "save" the stuffed animals. She almost had ME in tears. And this morning she got up and wanted to go find the box with the discarded animals because she had room for them in her bedroom toybox. She must have thought about it all night!
Andrew's soccer season is about to begin. He's been busy with practices. Austin stayed over Tuesday night. I had to smile as I heard them goofing off until the wee hours of the morning! I walked into the kitchen for a 3am glass of water and piece of Elaine's peach pie. They quickly turned off the basement light and were quiet as little mice until I left the kitchen, then the fun began again! Andrew had to get up at 9:45 for a hair cut but Austin slept until after 2pm! The will begin 8th grade next week!
Thank you to our Coshocton friends for making me feel so welcome! It's been fun couple of weeks!
I'm missing my family & friends in the 'burg but it sure has been great to be around these grandchildren every day! It's the closest thing to being "back to work!" (without all the restrictions)
I'm going out to load the dishwasher before Val gets home from work (she will have a fit that I did it) and Grace wants her hair flat ironed! God is Good!
Love,
Leslie
Angie King....we are all waiting to hear about the new baby! Send us some details when she arrives! Thank you for your inspiring blog comments!
George & Lynn....Mike is using his last 2 vacation days for next week's surgery. I'm not sure we will make it to the Ivy Cottage this year. You will never know what your offer meant to us! (and always will...the offer alone was such a gift) We are trying to focus on the positive...never dreaming we would still be dealing with surgeries this far out. Maybe Chris, Suzy and baby Porter will be ready for a week at the beach by then and we will definately be planning a weekend trip to meet Porter and visit with our Chad as soon as I get an "all clear!" Thank you for the prayers and please thank your congregation. You are a blessing to us and our family.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Les!! In case you haven't heard Angie had her baby yesterday afternoon around 3:25. Marissa Lynn King was 6lbs 6oz and is 19 3/4". I will try to e-mail you a few pics. Todd and I went for a visit last night and Junior was being such a helper. Kenzie left shortly after we got there but I guess she was there all day helping Angie! I'll let her know you were asking about her!
Post a Comment