Monday, August 6, 2007

Home for Now....

I knew some of you would be checking in to see what was going on, and I am sure Mom will put on a post when she is ready.....but we are home against the advice of the doctors.

They tried to keep Mom "again" overnight and it was just heart breaking news for all of us. It was so frustrating to be there this time, I don't know if it was b/c it was a weekend or what. We made many promises to them if they let us go home, so if we need to run to z-ville and get labs done for kidney function, we will, she has to drink like 2 liters of water a day. She needed a break, even if for a day. They couldn't even get an iv into her veins anymore, they would blow as soon as they hit the vein. We got home late afternoon yesterday. We are in touch with Dr. Novic's office and I think we go back there next week. She has the stint for a month, 6 weeks without lifting more than 10 pounds and the biggest bummer is she has a catheter for 2 weeks. Although Madison and Grace think it is pretty cool!

Okay, I have to get dinner in the crockpot.......have to keep my patient fed well this week! Hugs to everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Val,
Tell your mom I said "Hi!" I am praying for all of you. It just breaks my heart that things aren't going well. I know the kids are very disappointed to hear they won't be seeing her next week, even though they know we just need to get her better. Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do. Love & Prayers to all. -Michele-

Anonymous said...

val, Tell your Mom she is in my prayers. Just do what the doctor's say and she will be up and around before you know it. If there is anything we can do let us know. Take care!!

Luann

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie and family---After being on vacation, I just got caught up on your past week. So sorry to hear that things haven't gone well. You continue to be in my prayers...praying you heal more and more each day.... and also praying for the strength you need to keep hangin' in there. Take one day at a time....Love, Donna

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." -2 Cor. 12:9

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie,
Just wanted to let you know I'm here for ya if you need anything! This baby of mine isn't ready to come yet so don't think twice about asking if you need something. Lots of Love and special prayers for you and the family!! I know you can whip this!!
Love Always,
Angie King

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie....Thinking of you and hoping you're feeling better each day! I know how frustrating this must be for you. You are in our prayers.....Love, The Brown's