Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Blog Journey and update...

Val called today and told me her friend Amy was reading the blog from the beginning and was crying through the surgery posts.

I decided to go back and read a few. That was a couple of hours and a dozen kleenex ago.

Even with all these "bumps" I've come a long way since May.

I'm so happy to have those firsthand accounts of the journey....very humbling...very emotional.

I'm feeling good. My glucose was elevated in the 24 hour urine test so I have to go back for a fasting test. It was 169. I've gone down to mom's a couple of times to have her check it on her little meter and it was 106 last week and 103 this morning. (good numbers!) I will go back down this afternoon to test is again before dinner. I think we will do it at the same time for a few days.

Mom feels sure it is the stress from the kidney cancer causing this to elevate. I've never had issues with glucose or sugar. The first time they even asked me about it was after my August 21st surgery. In recovery, they wanted to know if my sugar had ever been up and I told them no...they never said anymore about it.

I'm tolerating the spasms and backaches so good now! They still limit my activities more than I like but I keep reminding myself that it's all temporary!

6 days until stint removal!!! 8am Monday morning!! Put me on your prayer calendars!

I hope you don't mind me sharing my pictures with you! I love pictures! I actually think about if my house caught fire, I want my photo albums to be someplace on the ground floor, near an outside wall where I can save them!! It's overkill, I know!

Hmmmm....there is a big birthday coming up around here! Happy 75th Birthday Dad! (September 29th)

One more thing....Luann, it was wonderful seeing you at last week's football game! I wish we had more time to talk. Please email and let me know what is happening and please update me on your diagnosis. I never really knew what it was. You will be in my heart and in my prayers. I LOVED your blog comments and always wished I could respond and let you know what they meant to me. Let us know when the new grandbaby comes! Love you!

Okay....I'm blogged out. I'm exhausted from all that reading and emotion!!

May God do in your life what only He can....strengthen you with His love, fill you with His assurance, bless you with His peace and hold you in His arms (those words were in one of my cards....what a blessing!)

love you all,
Leslie


No comments: