Saturday, September 8, 2007

My tests results & 1st Pics of baby Porter!

This is our little precious Porter Lynn Barnhart (Just 2 days old) in her coming home outfit! This was the baby shower Mom and I were able to attend after Mom's original surgery was moved. Suzy has been a big part of our life for 13 years and she is family to us! It is so exciting!
She is so alert....an overacheiver already! We can't wait to get our hands on her in a month! Sorry, I tried to move these photos under the paragraph mom mentioned her in....but they won't move!

I had a great appointment with Dr. Austin on Tuesday. My weight was still 35 pounds down (I was down 11 pounds in May) My blood pressure was great 127/74, I think (it was 178/118 in January)

I talked to him about this constant bladder pressure and he was pretty sure it was from the stint. It looks like the protein in the urine was probably the result of obesity (Oooooh, I hate to even type that word!)

I actually called the clinic this week to ask about this pressure and my back pain. It seems to be getting stronger. They told me it was normal with the stint to have this and she increased my bladder spasm medication.

I have also developed some terrible itching. Again, it gets worse at night. They are a bit baffled about it. It would usually be caused by a reaction to medicine & I would have a rash but I'm not on anything new & no rash. I wonder if my body is starting to react to these stints or something they are made of. Anyway, she told me I could take Benedrl for relief and I'm to call my family doctor if it keeps up

I am on and off with sleeping so I'm pretty tired some days. Last night I went to bed at midnight and was back up for several hours at 2am. I watched Conan and Baby programs on Discovery Health channel until around 5:30am.

We got pictures of baby Porter Lynn Barnhart (aka, Chris & Suzy's daughter!) She is absolutely beautiful! Val, will you post a couple of her pictures. Suzy sounds great....so happy and fulfilled at being a mommy. I'm always so excited when someone experiences the miracle of a baby!

Mike and I went to Andrew's soccer game last night....Coshocton vs Riverview. We won which continues another undefeated season for our Jr. High Redskins. They are fun to watch. Then we went to the Sports Zone for a light dinner and over to the beautiful Coshocton Town Square to the final "First Friday" of the summer. A friend of ours was performing with his band at the gazebo. We didn't stay at anything too long....I was feeling a little miserable by 8pm and couldn't stand for long.

I found a KCA (Kidney Cancer Association) forum online this week. It is so nice to read the posts and know that others are going through the same thing...most of them worse than me. Kidney cancer makes up only 3% of the cancers. There is no known test to find Kidney cancer which is why it is usually found in later stages at appointments for other problems. Because it is not one of the major cancers, it does not have major funding for researching causes & cures. I find that very sad.

Most of the people posting on the forum tell what stage they are in, whether it has spread, their medications and treatments and the type of tumors they had. I never asked about any of this. Dr. Novick had better be ready for my next appointment! I've been studying! I am guessing that I was at a stage one which was the stage for most tumors under 4cm that have not spread. I am waiting on responses about the 5 year survival rate. It seems like most of the people posting have experienced reoccurances of their tumors in their lungs, bones, pancreas and other kidney. They also seem to agree that the doctors know that reocurrance rates are high for KC but they don't tell us. That will be on my list of questions too.

It was comforting to see the Cleveland Clinic recommended as one of top KC hospitals in the world. It was in the top 3 listed!

I have ordered a couple of dvd programs that aired on pbs all about kidney cancer. They should come next week. Sign up for class! I'm hoping to learn a lot and I will pass it all on to you!!! I think I will absorb it better in dvd form rather than reading. My memory is mush these days.

Happy 50th Anniversary to my Aunt Carol & Uncle Don! My parents celebrated their 53rd anniversary while I was at the clinic in August! I owe them a gift & card!


Our sympathy to Mary Hunter & her family on the death of Mary's dad. Mary is the one who made me the beautiful blue quilt! She is the closest thing to an angel on earth to all of us who know her. We love you Mary!

Happy Anniversary to niece & nephew, Dennis and Angie! They have moved back to Ohio from Vermont! I know the grandparents are happy to be closer to granddaugher Emerson! And she now has lots of babysitters!

Son in Law Matt installed a spotlight on the driveway for the late night basketball games! Val said it glows on their driveway... as well as the next 2 driveways! Maybe, if you look up in the sky, you will see a glow coming from Buena Vista Drive in Coshocton!!

I think Miss Bella has a 7th birthday coming up! She needs to tell us what she would like to get for her birthday (and Christmas )! I also want to hear about school and dance and anything else she is doing! Email me Cary, NC family!!

I'm getting a craving for a new purse this week! I actually found a cute sewing pattern for a sling purse made from a pillow case! I'm still loving my Frank Sinatra love songs!(last week's craving) I sure am glad I haven't been craving anymore weird foods! I would like to lose 5 pounds in the next few weeks! As long as I'm craving music and new purses, I might make it!

Mike is standing over my shoulder asking me what I'm writing and checking to see if I wrote anything about him. He needs somebody to come over or call him on Saturday mornings to talk football. Really! He paces and talks to himself and just waits for people to wake up so he can call them on the phone to talk about the game! These are the days that he misses brother in law, Don Barcus, the most. Before Don died, they would get together on Saturday mornings and talk sports!

(this is Mike) I always like to call my sis in law, Ida, to ask her questions about stuff but she really doesn't know anything! ha! Logan, if you read the blog, be patient! I know it's been hard on you sitting out these football games. YOU WILL BE BACK!!!(and I can't wait)

I am waiting on Rich Robison to pick me up and go to Reynoldsburg to watch the game with his son Eric and daughter Cassie. Rich and I haven't gotten together for a long time. I'm telling my wife before I leave, be careful and don't fall (he always tells me this when he leaves) We don't need anymore stints moving up the wrong way! Okay, I'm done....thanks for letting me type on the blog!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Sunday is Grandparents Day! Call and tell them you love them and remember those who are now your Guardian Angels! I have the best ever memories of my grandparents! Make memories with your grandchildren and love them unconditionally!

Love to all....
Leslie (and Mike)







No comments: