Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Monster Stint....

I received a letter from the Clinic today. They want to remove the stint on Monday, October 1st, 8am. Then I am scheduled for an MRI on Monday, October 22, 11am, and a Dr. Desai appointment at 1:15pm.

I'm not looking forward to the stint removal....it has never gone smoothly and has usually caused complications. I'm going to give it to the Lord and take it off my shoulders! I'm tired of worrying about stints! Let Him carry it around for me!

I had a good appointment with Dr. Austin on Tuesday. I had not seen him since May 1st when he told me about the masses and scheduled me with Dr. Novick at Cleveland Clinic. I thanked him for being a part of saving my life and he told me most of the credit goes to Dr. Novick. He said only a few years ago, the solution to kidney cancer was removing the kidney. I would have been on dialysis for at least 5 years! This was something I didn't know! You have to be cancer free for 5 years before you qualify for a transplant. I always wondered why Dr. Novick never discussed transplant with me...evidently it wasn't an option.

Dr. Austin also told me the back pain I am feeling seems to be a symptom for many of his stint patients. It, along with this constant pressure to urinate, are certainly annoying but not intolerable! PTL. He is thrilled with my weight loss, still 35 pounds and my blood pressure in January was 178/118...Tuesday it was 127-74 (I think those were the numbers...whatever it was...it was great!) He had me do a 24 hour urine test and will check my creatin level and my protein. He really thinks the protein in the urine (my original problem) was OBESITY related! (ouch!) I guess these results will confirm that diagnosis. I will call the office tomorrow.

Enough serious stuff....my craving for this week...Frank Sinatra songs!!! I was driving to Coshocton to refill some perscriptions and I got this urge to hear Frank sing some love songs! I found the most awesome cd....Frank Sinatra..Romance..songs from the heart. The songs are as good as eating a great piece of chocolate anything!! Great music for anniversaries, slow dancing, letting someone know how you feel about them....yummy stuff!! I would love to find a karaoke version! Is that possible Todd Brown? Right now I have my cd repeating "Time After Time" the 2nd cut on the cd. I'm going to learn all the words to every song. I know most of them thanks to my mom's love of music but it's been a long time so I need refreshing! BUY IT!!!!! You will love it!

I'm also reading a fantastic book this week...a gift from a sweet friend. THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOPE....A Guide to Beating Cancer in Mind-Sized Bites. It's one of those little books with big insight. Thank you Lynn!

Congratulations to Chris and Suzy who are the parents of Porter, born on September 3rd. She weighed in at 8 pounds, 9 ounces and was 21 inches long. We are waiting for more details as soon as Suz has time to call and fill us in!!! We are all so excited for them! We also want pictures!! Love you all down there in Raleigh and at Oak Island's Ivy Cottage!

I know there were more things I wanted to tell you but I've gone blank! I blame that on anesthesia! Parts of my brain are still asleep!

I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach at the moment.....hmmmm, could be stint removal flu! I think I need a dose of granddaughters and a grandson! I'm heading to Coshocton this evening....the girls were actually supposed to come to my house (first time since June) to hang out while Andrew played soccer in Newark. But...the game got changed to Kids America in Coshocton! I'm going to head over there and either stay at the house with the girls or go to the game with everyone. I'll be back to the 'burg this evening! If you see me in the car, I will be singing "Time After Time" with Frank! I dedicate the words to all of you from me!

Love to everyone...
Leslie


No comments: