We arrived at Sheridan HS at 2:30...just in time to see the students dismissing and getting on their buses and we were not the first ones there! We were second in line...or should I say Mike was second in line. It was in the low 90's and sticky humid and I was in the air conditioned car! (knitting, reading, listening to music, taking a little nap) I took pictures of the line and I did do my time around 4:30. The gate opened at 5:30 and the Visitor's section was small, old wooden bleachers, exactly as we were told! And the sun was spotlighting our bleachers! But when that sun went down it was cooler and we had a beautiful sunset.
So here are some pics of the formerly undefeated teams....
Mike standing in line with another Dawg....I think it is Jeff Miller...his family joined him later!
Here come the TV tailgators! This was my view from the air conditioned car!
Okay...time to do the line! What a fun group! And so nice...everyone was offering me their chairs. That is the reason I am doing so great....wonderful support from family and friends and a little help from above!!
The line is growing. We were told it went back and turned along the building and was a mile long.
We got to see the team arrive. Just what this line full of Dawg fans needed!!! Lots of horns and noise makers going off as the boys departed the bus! Woof!! Woof!!
I told Mike that I take all these pics and nobody ever sees ME! So we turned the camera around for this extreme close up!!! My cute, spikey hair did not survive the humidity but my football earrings look great!
Mike went over to get us some water and Gatorade. He is such a celebrity! He got "shout outs" all the way back to our seats!
Mike got this pic of nephew Logan kicking a punt.
Our little Missy is TV cheerleader advisor. Here she is with her girls. She looks like one of the girls!
Cousin Caitlin Hindel is one of the cheerleaders! Mike was making a deal with her for a TV t- shirt! He caught one! Thanks Cait!!
This was a lump in the throat moment...Logan was captain of the game with Cam and Adam! We have watched these boys grow up.
We were so proud...
It was hard to get a pic of the crowd. The bleachers were narrow and no aisles so once you were in your seat, it was best to stay there!!! Mike stood up and held the camera over the crowd to get this one. Fans packed the stands and lined the fence. The sound was deafening when we cheered!!!!
I love this pic of the pre game huddle and look at that sunset...two things to cheer about!!!
Just as the game was beginning this helicoptor flew over and landed behind our bleachers. Out came our local CBS station out of Columbus with a big camera man and Andrea Camburn!! She is so tiny in person! Mike took this picture of the team on the field after we won the game 35 - 6! We wanted to get the scoreboard but it was turned off as soon as the final whistle blew!! Go Dawgs!
1 comment:
WOW.......I knew the "DAWGS" were doing good....Just not that good...hehehe. Makes me Proud to be and TVHS Alumi. I really liked the pics...I was looking threw the crowd to see if I knew anyone. I think I found 2. hehehe. The Jeff Miller, he might have graduated a year a head of me..(if that is the Jeff I am thinking about). He was a big foot ball star in HS. Then I saw Julie (Barnhard) sister. Dont know her name. I just know it is her sis.(she looks like a Martin..lol )
Sounds like your football weather has been the same as ours. But last night was nice....got down in the mid 60s for our game. That is after the sun went down. Makes for good football weather. And your cheerleads throw good stuff..lol. Here they throw plastic footballs that feel like brick when they hit ya..lol fris-bees...cups. Hardly ever any t-shirts...lol. Guess when you are a #1 team you get better stuff..lol.
Well have a restfull weekend. I am going to go take a look at z-ville times recorder online and check out the game highlights.
Take care and Enjoy your weekend.!
Teresa :)
PS..LOVE!!!! Your earrings...and the pic of you and your famous husband!!..lol :)
Post a Comment