New pictures are of Madison practicing piano on our church piano. I took her and picked her up from her lessons this week and nearly cried when I got to listen to her play at the end of her session. It was wonderful! They are holding off on buying a piano until they are sure her interest is for real. She is practicing on a friend's piano and on a little keyboard and when she comes to Frazeysburg, I take her to the church.
At the end of her session last week. I said, "Oh Madison, I am so proud of you. We have to get you a piano for your house." And she replied.... "Grandma, don't worry about it, I'm going to ask for one for Christmas so nobody will have to spend any money!" Thank goodness for Santa!!
We are heading to Cleveland tomorrow, Monday, for a scan and a doctor appointment. I forgot to tell you all that my creatine level was still heading down at my last blood draw...I think I even forgot to tell the family...oops, sorry! It was 1.3 down from 1.5 in September and since the removal of the stint.
I'm feeling a bit tired and not sleeping very well again but it could be anxiety from this scan appointment. I don't feel nervous but I guess my body could be having some anxiety of it's own that I can't control.
I baked lots of soccer ball, fall leaves and pumpkin sugar cookies for Andrew's soccer banquet today. I took pictures!! I'll download them with the banquet pictures!
My friend, Luann is doing good! Thank you for the prayers! Her fight is on-going! We have to wait to allow this new treatment to do it's thing! Now that she has done the initial 5 treatments, I think she has one a month. We are praying for positive results! One of the nights when I couldn't sleep I emailed her and Valerie very early morning (3am-5am) and to my surprise, I got an immediate reply from her...she couldn't sleep either! What a blessing that God has brought us together! When she's in a "funk" I'm her cheerleader and when I'm in a "funk"....she always seems to know. I think she is amazing! As I said earlier, I have been tired and not sleeping this week and, out of the blue...she sent this darling, homemade card that started out "U R my Sunshine!" The timing of these things just amaze me! God is truly watching over us!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Chad is racing his vintage motorcycle today in Alabama. I'm praying many times a day for that little hobby! He won a 2nd place yesterday.
I sure keep God and our Guardian Angels busy with all my prayer requests!!
I have another great story to tell you about an email I received this week from an old friend from our younger days who has been reading my blog and recognized my nephew, Dustan's, picture. Her husband was Dustan's Master Sergeant in Kuwait until July of this year and she just made the connection to our family! Thank you for the wonderful email Elaine!! I'll be responding as soon as I get an hour or two to do a catch up email! I can't wait to see Jim's album and pictures! Dustan will be home for a short "r & r" in a few weeks. Thanks for the prayers on his behalf.
I have to go! I am supposed to leave for Val's in 30 minutes and I have cookies to load, make up to put on and I'm still in my pajamas!!!
Go Dawgs! Come on Indians...I know we can do better than a 2-12 loss!!!
Browns are off this weekend but how about those Buckeyes!
love to all..
Leslie
ps to Valerie.....I'm going to be a little late!
This is a picture of Madison practicing. Grace looks like she heard a sour note....

Madison is teaching mommy proper hand position!
No comments:
Post a Comment