

Today is my favorite guy's birthday! He has spent the morning with me in the lab getting tests done....then a fun trip to Walmart and the Dollar Store! He is now getting a load of wood...(yes...in this heat)....then heading into work on nightshift. I love this man!
He has requested pork chops and baked sweet potatoes for dinner and he is getting them. We have decided to wait on the birthday cake (his mom's secret icing cake) for Saturday when the whole family can enjoy it with us!
Just a little mention of me....I am still feeling GREAT and am not worried at all about my test results! I have cleaned and moved around the family room and playrooms and decorated the inside for Fall and Halloween....not quite as much as when the daycare children are here but enough to make it fun. Heading into the kitchen this afternoon....
I had some sleeping problems over the weekend....I couldn't get any! My mind was on overload with all the people who have helped me and things I wanted to say and write to them and the miracle of it all. Mike came down at 5am and caught me emailing Val and Luann. He came over and asked me if I was okay and all I could do was cry....happy tears!
I wish there was some way to thank you all for the way I am feeling today....NORMAL!! It feels like another birth....(my third)...#1, June 28, l955...#2, my Born Again day (PTL) and #3,last Monday when the stint and cancer were both gone from my body. I feel at peace with it all no matter what the future holds. I say bring on anything....I have beat cancer! And I'll do it again if I have too...whatever it takes!
Enough about me today....IT'S ALL ABOUT MIKE!!
Happy Birthday to my hero and #1 angel on earth. I love you!
Leslie
2 comments:
This ones for Mike.....
Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to you...you look like a monkey...& you smelll like one too!!! Just joking...my kids love that one!!
*Glad to hear everythings still going great!! I knew you could do it!! LOL Leslie & Mike!!
A.King
LOL! Okay, now that was funny! Oh Angie, I got on here to leave a serious comment and now I am laughing!
Dad, I hope you had a wonderful birthday today. I already know the best birthday gift was spending the day right there with Mom (stint-free of course), but I look forward to some secret icing cake on saturday!
After 56 years, you have taught me to continue to enjoy the simple things in life such as...a fresh hair cut, a cool night on the deck, an order of chicken wings, a great deal at Big Lots, a savenger hunt, a buttered piece of bread that cleans a plate better than a dishwasher, tri valley shirts, handmade milkshakes, dancing at weddings, building snowmen, anything your grandkids say or do, wearing your shoes on my carpet, driving slower than the speed limit, doughnut fridays at the funeral home, your mom's smiles, your dad's memories, a freshly mowed yard, christmas decorations, espn, jerry seinfeld reruns,Holden Beach, and your #1 favorite thing is your sneeze/water joke.
When you are around, there is never a dull moment with you! I know we tease you, (and that will continue)but we all love you so much. I am proud of you Dad. I am SO PROUD of you. A year, we will never forget. You are strong and you are unselfish and you are compassionate and loving, and you have continue to bring so much joy to my life. Happy Birthday. I love you.
Post a Comment