Monday, October 1, 2007

Waiting Game....I feel like a WINNER!

Okay....I am cautiously optimistic....that this stint worked!!!!!

It was removed without incident at around 8:30am this morning. We have driven home, stopped at exit 83 to have our Bob Evans meal, stopped at Coshocton Wal Mart and drove on home (after Val remembered they had dentist appointments, so they wouldn't be home).

I keep waiting on the spasms....but I'm not having any. They started immediately after all the others.

I am so excited and just holding myself back from moving furniture, planting flowers, bringing grandchildren over to spend the night!!! I feel normal!!

I told Val I feel like jumping on a bed and laughing and yelling! Instead, I just cry...happy tears. So, warning.....if you call me today....I'm going to cry!

At this moment, I am cancer free, have a functioning kidney and the "system" is working.

I have to take antibiotics for a couple of days, drink lots of water and have blood tests done locally, to check my kidney for distress in 3 days. I head back over on October 22 for Molecular Imaging and a doctor appointment. I thought it was for an mri but I guess not. I think this is the radioactive scan.....(I'll be glowing)

Mike and I had a nice Sunday evening watching the Browns beat those Ravens and watching USA beat the Internationals in the Presidents Cup. Why can't they do that in the Ryder Cup!!!??? Cleveland was a very exciting place to be over the weekend! Indians and Yankees on Thursday! Oh my goodness...it's Ohio sports overload!

We had a nice morning and tried to be optimistic going over to the Crile Building for the appointment. Mike was so supportive....I love that guy.

We got there early so he was reading his ESPN magazine and I was reading my little book from Lynn...THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOPE. It has been an amazing read but this morning I reached the chapter entitled "Life and Death." It was beautiful to read but some of it was so emotional and I started to cry in the waiting room. I had to put it down and pick up my knitting then they called my name and I rushed in without saying goodbye to Mike. I just left him sitting there. I felt so bad when I came back out and the first thing he said was..."you just left me here without saying goodbye." Oh my gosh....I felt so bad. Mike is reading over my shoulder again and he just said in his Forrest Gump accent...."I just felt like running..." and I did.

I had the nicest nurse, Shelli, and I finally met Dr. Desai. He has done 3 surgeries on me but I've never met him! He is very nice and I left there feeling very good about him.

So, we are home and Val called and said, do the blog! She is getting lots of phone calls. Thank you so much for praying and for remembering us.

I'll check back in tomorrow.....
love you all very much.
Leslie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a winner! I was thinking about you all morning and am so glad things are going well. Don't try to do too much. Easy for me to say!

Luann