Monday, April 27, 2009

Christmas 2008

View of our family room from my rocking chair! That tree is the one the children decorated! It was beautiful!

My parents preparing to light the advent candles on Christmas Eve. They were wonderful and we were all very proud!

Cookie kitty hanging out in the big tree! Chloe didn't even try to climb this year! She is too big to get herself up!

Chad was home for a few days before Christmas....just in time to ice the sugar cookies! Oh my...some of those cookies were VERY INTERESTING!!!

It was really COLD this night...maybe 3 degrees above zero. Their hair turned to ice! They had on Christmas lights and Christmas music was playing on the outside speakers! It was very festive!

Heading to their Christmas Eve Service at Roscoe United Methodist Church
It's been a LONG time since I blogged! I've been sharing pictures on Kodak Gallery and started a homepage on facebook but they really aren't the same as blogging!

Christmas was wonderful! Chad made it home a few days before Christmas then headed back to North Carolina. He enjoyed some time in the holiday hottub with Christmas lights and holiday music! My parents did the Advent reading at the candlelight service. Mike and I were home Christmas morning then headed to Coshocton as soon as presents were opened and we got the "Merry Christmas" phone call from the grandchildren! It was a fun and blessed day!!

During the holiday, I was sitting in the rocker with the camera on the table beside me. I picked it up and took a few pictures from my seat....the family room through the old french doors and the staircase. They turned out so pretty! I included the one of the family room. The house is so old with wallpaper that needs replaced and woodwork that need stripped and refinished but at Christmas it comes to life!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday.....

No comments: