Monday, April 27, 2009

Leslie...1 Bolognia Sandwich...0 Leslie wins!

Okay....so, I made a Momentum drink (strawberry lemonade). It's comparable to a cup of coffee in caffeine count. You add it to a 16 oz bottle of water (similar to Crystal Light packets)! Yummy! And I ate a celery stick before I started fixing the boys their lunch.

It was a battle to the end! That was the softest loaf of white bread (I love sandwiches on soft white bread) and those grapes were yelling my name! Don't even want to talk about the Ruffles and Doritoes....God help me!!!

I did it...didn't even try one grape or one tiny chip of Dorito that had fallen onto the table.
Another small victory in my diet war!! (Had to fight the urge to stick my hand in the Cheerio box this morning)

Boys are watching Power Rangers now. I'm planning to fix my chicken noodle soup around 2. Wasn't crazy about the cappucinno at noon. It smelled great...maybe it will grow on me!!

Feeling good about my lunch victory. Mike called from work and said he did good this morning. He says he knows this is going to work for both of us!! AAhhh....such a wonderful supporter!! He has it really rough in there because some of those guys are great cooks and they love to fix big meals for everyone. They have soup beans/ham and cornbread. Last week they had a Banana Split buffet!! He raves about the spaghetti they make!! I would hope they wouldn't sabotage his effort. That might be why he doesn't want them to know much about it! He is such a ravenous eater (anyone who knows him will attest to this fact)....they are certainly going to notice before his committed 2 weeks is over! Mike's big problem is portion size...actually it might be both of our problems but he really piles it on!

15 minutes until soup. Hope it's good and satisfying! Thanks for letting me share my lunch victory! I sure am looking forward to that "lean & green" meal of fish later!!

No comments: