It's morning, day 2 of our Medifast program. Yesterday was a pretty good day! We did all our required meal replacements and ate 5oz filets, small spinich salad & asparagus for dinner. Had some soy crackers for evening snack and a replacement drink.
This morning I woke up a little anxious. Kept busy with morning chores until 9. I ate oatmeal and will have a cup of cappaccino at 11. Drinking lots of water. Planning soup for lunch and fish for dinner...might just have lettuce, tomato, cucumber salad with it.
Night time is the worst.
I bought several books to read and still have closets and cupboards to clean for projects. Important to stay busy!
I bought a little tablet to write feelings, meal plans, etc. I felt a need to blog it...writing wasn't enough. Mike really wants to keep this whole thing quiet so don't tell him I blogged it!! And NO BEER for him for 2 weeks! He committed to 2 weeks with me!!
Information says first few days are the roughest.
I've been such a FAILURE at diets. And I always swear I will not do them again! A friend of ours, who did not need to lose weight, lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks. I liked the idea of prepared meal replacements and only preparing one meal a day....sounded very do-able. My Health Advisor is a Christian, an RN and so kind and understanding....wonderful support person.
Motivation: I hated my Easter pictures. I left that morning feeling so cute and, even thinner, in my bright orange top and white capri pants! Ack!!! God must have given me one of those "magic mirrors!" The pictures did NOT show the person I saw in the mirror!! I know...I know...I'm beautiful inside..yea, yea!! And I know that I am a child of God and thus perfect in His eyes. But I am going up in my weight AGAIN!!! Food is powerful! I thought my battle with cancer would cure my overeatting and encourage me to exercise...nope...not even cancer was enough to change my bad habits! Wow! I'm ashamed that I have allowed myself to be so controled by food.
I am smart! I KNOW what I need to do! I KNOW what I have done wrong in the past! I know our portions are way too much! I KNOW I am an emotional eater! I KNOW I have to eat less calories than I burn! I know! I know!
So....please follow me. Please pray for me. Please encourage me.
I LOVE food....do I love it more than I love myself, my family, my friends, my life? No. I really want to overcome it this time.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment