Thanks to Ginger and her team for all their organizing efforts this year. The team t-shirts were fun! And we loved the glow necklaces! It gets better every year! I think we made $85,000 this year (which I think is $10-15,000 more than last year!)
I encourage everyone to take part next year! Mike had to work until 6:30 but drove from Newark to walk with us. He was surprised by the the hundreds of people and amazed at the feelings you get when you walk! You just have to be there!! I love being with a "rookie" walker!
Enjoy the pictures and thank you to those who sponsored me and my family! We'll be walking again in September 2008!
Madison and Grace were so proud of our team sign! It was especially cool to see in the dark as each of the stars glowed!
Our reason for walking...Aunt Ginger....with neices Madison & Grace, nephew Andrew, sis in law Valerie and Me! Ginger inspired everyone around her!
Our tent area was full of fun and fellowship!
Everyone chillin and eatin and talkin...
We saw old friends and neighbors everywhere!
Mike arrived 20 minutes before the walk began! He was a "rookie" walker!
There are lots of clowns making balloon shapes! Grace picked a balloon hat! They also had a wonderful kids area this year!!
Andrew walked with me....I was gulping back tears! Mike joined us after taking lots of pictures!
Madison and Grace with their back up banner carriers! They were so proud! We can't wait til next year!
1 comment:
OH Leslie, How much fun you had....I have done alot of cancer walks here in Louisiana as well. The gym where I use to work usually has a booth and we all walk. One year I was even the girl that warmed up everyone before they walked. It was soo much fun. They would also have little bag(like lunch bags) you could buy with a candle in it and you would dedicate it in memory of your loved one. And the bags would just lite up..looked so pretty.
I didnt even reconize Ginger. She looks sooo good. The last I saw her was at Dan's funeral. You two are so Blessed. And so strong for fighting and beating this EVIL "C" thing. You are truly , truly blessed.
So glad you are feeling "normal".....Normal is a wonderful thing. And I knew one day it would come.
Oh and Happy Birthday to Mike...Love the pic with the Helmet...lol. Sa-weet!..lol Still silly as ever!!!! tee-hee
Have a wonderful weekend!
Teresa (Barnhard) Denman
Post a Comment