Thursday, January 17, 2008

Medicine memories...

Conner is not taking his pain medication. Michele was at her wit's end when she finally called the doctor. They said his chiaria (brain tail) was BIG. It took lots of work to get it out and he IS in pain and he IS going to have headaches. The problem is that once the pain starts, over the counter meds aren't going to help him.

They said to tell him that if he doesn't take the Motrin or Tylenol, they will have to bring him back to hospital and give him medication through an IV. That seemed to work today.

They are getting lots of good advice on their blog! Hide the medicine in drinks, popcicles and suckers with pain medication, rewards, etc. http://connercrabtree.blogspot.com

Conner is wanting to go the Tri Valley basketball game tomorrow. Michele told him if he kept taking his medicine she might take him to some of the varsity game.

I remember trying to give grandson Andrew medicine in his younger days. It was a nightmare! It took at least 2 people...one to hold him down and the other one to plug his nose and poor the medicine down his throat. And the time after his surgeries was terrible!

Conner is having good and bad days. He told his mom he wished he never had the surgery because he would never be able to run again. I think he might have tried a little "running" in the house yesterday. He had a headache by evening and she thought he might have some down time today.

Today, he got to go into his new Kindergarten room at the new school. The students move over next Tuesday. It was nice for him to see it without all the commotion of the students. Michele said it is wonderful. When I took the kids to school this morning I got to see the new play areas being installed. They are great!!

Have to go! The Creno pizza and salads are here!
love to all!

1 comment:

Angie King said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...Leslie, I feel bad. Everyone has been worrying about Conner & hasn't been commenting on your blog! I know you understand!
Well, we will see you either Monday or Tuesday! Jr talked us into "taco in a bag" tonite!! He thinks that is soooo cool!LOL