Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Gym....take 2

Okay....you all know how much I love my Tri Valley Dawgs and how excited Mike and I are about the new gym! We gave up a trip to Wheeling with Matt and Val because we refused to miss the first game!

So....the first game was last night.

Two major observations....The bleachers are too narrow! I was looking forward to having MORE leg room but it seems we have LESS. It was so uncomfortable. It was impossible to not bump the people in the next row unless you sat straddled...not very lady-like. And forget leaving to go to the restrooms or refreshment stand.

I thought the window area outside the gym was for tickets and the refreshment area would remain in the commons. That new window area is the new refreshment stand....too conjested for the crowd we had last night and no room for eating the pizza and hotdogs that cannot and should not be taken into the gym.

I'm also not sure anymore about the walking track. I don't think the gym is big enough. I was picturing something like the Coshocton gym with the second level. I'll reserve my final opinion until I see the plans for the walking track but I think it might make the stands feel very closed in. I've supported the walking track but I'm just not sure anymore.

The seats were comfortable. I loved the reserved seat numbers. The air was much cooler and clean. LOVED the Dawg Pound & cheerleader area! The students were awesome! The new sound system was music to my ears! I could understand every word coming out of Andy's mouth! LOVED the Walls of Honor although you really couldn't enjoy them because there were vendor tables set up in front of the walls..(move them to commons with the coat check and refreshments) It would be nice to have televisions showing the game in the commons area!!!

These are my opinions. Mike is afraid I will make people mad! I hope not! I still love my school and my dawgs. I will be a bit scrunched in the bleachers, which I can handle! Nothing is too bad for a true DAWG fan!

See you at the game!
Leslie




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh jeeze...I hate to hear that about the New Gym. What I cant understand...what was wrong with old one...?? But hey,..Guess u have to do what you have to do. I am so glad you posted those pics of the new gym. Rick wanted to take me and my son to TVHS for the tour..but didnt make it. It was the day after Anglea wedding. All of us were tired and I was craving Adronettoes (spelling) salad.. Oh i love that place. You really dont know how much you miss something till you Move away...lol. ok back to the gym, I agree there should be TVs in the commons area so u can eat and still watch the game..Glad it is much cooler anyway..I remember how HOT that gym use to get..wow..u would leave sweating...! I didnt know about the walking track. But that would be nice. Just hope everything goes to plan. Here in Louisiana..Basketball isnt as popular with the fans like it is in OHIO. Football is the most popular here. The sad thing here at least at Kyles High School is..just the football players get to use the lockers in the locker rooms. Which is NOT fair to the other boys that are in sports..soccer/track/basketball/baseball. Just the football players get to have full use of the lockers in the locker room year round. So when Kyle has practice after school for baseball...he either has to haul his bag with him all day or I pick him up after school with his practice stuff...But come Feb when he drives he can just leave his practice stuff in his truck. Fair!! I say NOT! My hubby and I are on the baseball commitiy..and let me tell you...they are going to get a ear full. But we have heard it before, baseball just dont bring in the "MONEY" like football does..who cares...the boys are representing that school..and I say when football season is over...let the other guys playing sports use the lockers..at least TVHS was good about that! Well Now that I have that off my chest...lol. I feel much better...But yes...enjoy that new gym...breath in that fresh air of VICTORY!!! hehehe. and GO DAWGS...or what they say here...Geaux Dawgs! Got to love those French!..lol

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Teresa ;)