Thursday, June 21, 2007

Afternoon update from Chad and Val...

Father/Son Moment
Me and my brother Chad
Isn't it great to still see that smile?!


Hey Everyone! I felt like a "blog hog" b/c I have been posting so much, so Chad is joining me on this one. (Well, and I got all mushy this morning with all of you--no more of that--haha!)



Let me first say that it has been so much fun to read all your comments.....we all have laughed and cried reading them! We seriously read them multiple times a day, I mean, the walls are white here, it is the highlight of our day! And with Chad's high tech phone, we were able to read all your comments to mom just an hour ago! It was so fun for her to hear from you.



Grandpa Hood, Uncle Don and Aunt Ida left this afternoon! We miss you all so much and Donnie, Rite Aid called, they had gotten a double shipment of milk in, they wished you would have told them you were leaving. Ida, have fun on vacation, you enjoy a week of relaxing and tanning. Grandpa.....we will take care of Grandma this week, she is getting some rest right now, you just enjoy that remote control time this week! haha



Okay, now for the real update you have been waiting on. Our "rock star" patient, that is what today's nurses renamed her. Mom has asked for some prayers for her fever. It is almost 102, which it ran about 100 all day and they said that was pretty normal after surgrey, now 102 is high and they called the doctor and gave her some meds. Now, they told her that her breathing treatments and walking are the best thing for her. So, guess what she did? Walked 2 laps on her floor and did her breathing treatment. She is doing Day 2 stuff and of course it is Day 1. She has eaten jello, broth and drank water twice today. She is still very tired, but stays up for an hour and then sleeps for an hour. Okay, and as much as Chad and I want the credit for walking her, Dad did take her on her first walking date this morning! Oh, and we got permission from mom to post a photo of her! So, she is a bit uneasy about this fever, but I have faith it will go away tomorrow.



Aunty Patsy, Aunt Cookie and Dad are up with her now, and Chad and I roamed around trying to connect to the internet. So, again, thank all of you for your overwhelming support!



Your blogging buddies.....Chad and Val

12 comments:

Matt Miller said...

I hope your surgery went very good, today I sleep in my bed all night, I went to the pool with my friends, went to Earls and got an ice cream cone. I saw your picture, I hope your brave, I can't wait to see your when you get home, I also got my new webkin from Mom, and I miss you very much. I miss you Mommy, watch over Grandma
I love you Grandma, I hope you feel better.
From gracie,
Bye

(Gracie stood by my side, and wanted me to write all of this word for word for Les, she typed her name at the end)
(Val, she also said she wanted me to play in golf league Saturday for being such a good Daddy, he he)

Love you all, keep taking care of her,

Matt and Grace

Ginger Miller said...

Hail to my survivor sister!! You did it, and you look wonderful, lots of thoughts and prayers sent upward for you and the family. We all gave thanks after each phone call we got from Matt as you progressed through surgery. At the river, on pre-surgery night we had the most awesome 'circle prayer' with everyone at bedtime; g-ma Sally and g-pa T, Court, Kate, Maddie and Gracie and Aunt G; it gives me goosebumps to recall that awesome memory. What a blessing to be in a family of believers and that you are such a strong Christian yourself. Keep up the walking and don't take any static from anyone :) Love ya lots 'Rock Star', show em how the Christians take on a challenge. -G

Dave & Judy said...

Hi Les, Mike, Chad, Val and everyone!!

Sorry it's taken me so long to figure this blogging thing out!! I've been reading things daily, but didn't know how to leave my own message.

Anyway... Les, We're sooo glad to hear that things went well!! We've kept you in our thoughts and prayer which is a testimonial that prayer does work!! Rest lots and heal well. And know that we love you all!!

Dave and Judy

Debbie B. said...

Hey Les and gang!
The hospital gown is a great look for you. Are you going to get one in every color? I've been saying a prayer for you every time your name comes to mind - which is A LOT! Keep hanging in there, Sistuh!
Debbie B.

Anonymous said...

Hey Les,
Don't know if you are reading this or it is being relayed to you, but just wanted to let you know we (me and Chi Chi)are thinking of you down here in NC. Your picture looks great. Looks like you are ready to get out of there. I'm glad the Pats could come up and represent us to be with you and the family. Chi Chi wants to tell Patsy hi, but I try to keep her off of the computer. Anyway, glad everything is going good. Come to NC and see us when you can.

Garry

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
I was so glad to read that your surgery went well. You look great, keep up the smile. I am praying that the fever goes away and that you continue to get stronger. You are in my prayers!
Luann Carskadden

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Leslie, I am so glad you are doing so well. I knew the nurses would love you and say you are a rock star of a patient. You look awesome. Keep up the great work and maybe you can bust out of there a few days earlier!!!!!

Love ya Mama Les!
Krista

Hey Val, Mike, Chad and the rest of the family!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things went well. :-}
When I read the first message about how the surgery went, I told Taylor about it and she said "WOOHOO". Feel better! LOTS of Love and kisses!
Michele H.

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear how well Leslie is recovering. Even though we are rushing around trying to get everything ready for our wedding in Jamacia (we leave next week!), you both are still in our thoughts and prayers. Keep your heads up and we wish Leslie a speedy recovery. (Mike - after she recovers I think that she deserves of one of our fabulous trips to NYC! Don't forget to visit the Hershey store.)

Anonymous said...

Good morning! Okay, I can barely read these comments and updates without becoming a blubbering mess!! I was so happy to see the picture of Leslie up and moving! Hope the day goes well! I'll be thinking of you all.
Love, Donna

Unknown said...

Good morning guys! Thanks so much for all the updates! It's the first thing I check when I get to work in the morning! WOW Leslie, you look awesome!! You are such a trooper! Keep walking and keep up with the breathing treatments!! You'll be ready to take those 11 kids back in no time!! You are such an inspiration to all of us! Thanks Valerie for the constant updates...
Keep Rockin' Rock Star!! :)
Kristen Carroll

Tom and Sally said...

Were glad to hear the fever is gone for now, keep your spirits up Les, you will be out in know time. I'm sure your feeling the pain now but the Lord and all of our prayers will get you through. We loved the pictures on the blog, you look great!
We love you all, Big "T" and Grandma Sally