Friday, June 22, 2007

Benched Cheerleader today.....

Okay, so here I am for your morning update......and our cheerleader is on the bench today. Her spirits are broken a bit today. She doesn't know why, but she feels a bit depressed and then she cries and tells us "isn't that silly?" We just left her for some alone time and a nap. Send those uplifting prayers her way. Fever is down today so far, and I am going to go get her music from the hotel with her headphones to cheer her up!

Dad, Gma and I got to the hospital about 7:15 and today is going to be a big day for her. She will eat solid foods, the epideral was turned off at 9:30, and the catheder comes out at 5:30 tonight. Her incision is very sore today.....and she is in a bit of pain. I did make her go on a walk against her will (she'll thank me later-right?) She has a new roomate, their family seems nice. But, they have the window view and I think the walls are closing in on mom on her side. I wish we could get her some fresh air, maybe tomorrow. You forget what "the outside air and sunshine" do for you when you can't have it. We did read her all of her new comments to her today. Although, I was a bit worried, b/c she didn't remember her getting a photo taken and telling us to put it on the blog! Which she did! So, whoops! But, I thought her smiling on the blog would be a nice surprise.

Aunt Patsy and Aunt Cookie will be leaving today. They have been complete comic relief and I know Dad has said so many times what a blessing it has been to have them both here. Lots of laughter and it any of you know my dad's sisters....you could have guessed that. We will really miss them. We began with 11 on Wednesday and soon it will be down to 4 (me, chad, dad and Gma)

Dad and Gma have been massaging her back and legs and feet. It is like a spa day for her here!
Talk to you this afternoon.....val

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear your fever is down! I can only hope that today's big steps will make you feel immensely better tomorrow.


The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around.... Throughout history, "tender loving care" has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing. ~Larry Dossey

It is so wonderful to know that you are surrounded by family that are able to give you the tender loving care that you need and deserve. You don't have to be a cheerleader every day, that is what your family can be for you today! Remember that even if you can not get outside the sun is always shining on such a wonderful woman as you; we all always feel the sunshine you bring into our lives.

Much love,
Keri

Anonymous said...

Leslie,Mike and Kids...This is Teresa again sending you Love and prayers all the way from HOT and Humid Louisiana!! Only suppose to get near 100 today with the humidity close to 60%. So...just another summer day. Let me tell you I couldnt wait to get up this morning to check to see how Leslie was progressing. Sounds like with the fever gone and the epidureal coming out..this might be a little "bump" in the road. But no worries. I am sure she will get over this little "bump" with all the love she has in that room...my goodness! I am sure the Music will help too. Leslie loves her Music. Mom said she sang a beauitful song at church. I bet there wasnt a dry eye. Heck, Leslie could sing "B.I.N.G.O" and make me cry....hehehe. anyway...just stopping by to send my love and hungs via internet. Get your rest! and good luck eating your solid foods!!! Would u like me to bring you some "Crawfish"..lol. It is good with some dipping sauce!!

May God Bless you today and everyday!

Teresa :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Val...I just got your latest post. Don't worry. We are praying right now....Your mom has been on some potent pain killers but she can't be on them forever. This will be a hard day I am sure, but remember that the Lord doesn't give us anything that we can't handle. Keep smiling...it will make your mom happy to see your beautiful smile! Be strong....you can do it!:) :) :) :) Love, Ame

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

It is ok that you are feeling down today. Keep up the hard work, I can tell you first hand that you will be some much farther ahead if you keep plowing through. Days 3 and 4 are usually the hardest.
With all that being said, let me give you a little advise. Do not let your pain get ahead of you. Be persistent. It is not ok to have more than just a tiny bit of pain. If the medicine they are giving you is not enough, ask for more. If they begin to transition you to pain pills rather than IV pain medicine, don't be afraid. It will alot of times hold the pain off longer. The IV stuff kicks in faster but doesn't last as long....so I have been told. So with the transition to pills it is best to stay on top of the pain.

I am so glad to hear the fever is down. Walk, Walk, Walk, Cough and take deep breaths. Gees, you would think I was your nurse or something. Aren't you glad I learned how to blog!

Mama Les, don't worry about the picture. It was great to see the picture and how great you look. Still praying for you!

Sorry, I kind of rambled, but hopefully my advise will help a little!

Love,

Krista