Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday...

Mom's had an emotional few days. I have never had a major surgery, but anyone who has can probably understand there are so many adjustments. Moving from the Hospital room to the Clinic Guest House was something she was looking so forward to "pre surgery". Now, that she is there, the beds are different, the bathroom is different, you are seeing people not nurses, she has mirrors in the room, it is all just so much change from what she has been used to for 6 days. She is now in control of the pain meds, and it is just different, the pain keeps getting ahead of the medication. I am sure she will have the same adjustment tomorrow when moving in with Grandma, she needs time to get comfortable in a new location. It is okay for her to feel a bit sad and overwhelmed. Dad and Grandma have been WONDERFUL for her, she just told me that.

But, with that being said, I am heading back to Cleveland today. I feel helpless from here, and I want to help Dad and Grandma get loaded up to check out. Grandma and Mom would definately try and talk me out of it, and that will not happen. That way I can be there for the appointment in the morning and then come back home. And, I can give my Grandma and Dad a big hug in person.....and of course my mom!!!!!!

Hugs, Valerie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are coming home Les! (hospital beds aren't exactly comfy huh?) Valerie...we enjoyed visiting with you guys last night. That was fun. Prayers for a safe trip home. Amy

Anonymous said...

It's Jackie, Hope, and Charity Maziar. We've still not figured out how to comment with our own e-m! So here we are now!

We're so relieved that Leslie will be okay--and how wonderful it is that you have such a great family. Of course you're a great family--you started out from great people.

We'll keep watching and praying and hoping you'll be running around Frazeysburg real soon.

Love, JHC