Thursday, June 14, 2007

Good News...


Hey, it's Valerie and we are home from the clinic, I am sure Mom will update more later, but I thought I would at least give a summary of today. She received great news today from her surgeon, after seeing all her scans, he is 90% sure he will be able to remove the tumors (they are right next to each other) and save her kidney. Pretty good odds! Grandma, Mom and I are exhausted, but were so happy we could be together. I'm tired and I didn't get any blood drawn or tests done! All I did was watch and it wore me out. Well, I was the personal tour guide though! They rewarded me with Pizza Hut on the way home...I was craving it.
We are living on the crazy side and have decided with the surgery being moved, we are heading to NC tomorrow to see my brother and go to Suzy's baby shower. We will drive back Sunday and Mom and Dad have to head up Monday to the clinic. They forgot to do a test on her and it takes 3 hours. So, she will get that Tuesday morning, then Surgery on Wednesday, she will not be out until the 28th. Yeah, we are living on the edge....but we know a weekend in NC will be a breath of fresh air to prepare us for the upcoming week.
Again, there were so many extrodinary people with touching stories in Cleveland. I am sure there are many people yet to come into our lives next week. This is certainly a journey and it made things a little more real being up there the last few days...but a journey meant to happen, and one we are all embracing.

No comments: