We have kept very busy squeezing in as much as we can until we are confined to waiting rooms, hospital rooms then recovery time.
We are overwhelmed by the outpouring of love, thoughts and prayers. Some have told us they think of us everyday…..we pop into their daily routine. We are blessed.
The arrival of June makes it a bit more real. We will check into the hotel Tuesday night (June 12) then start the pre op testing on Wednesday morning (June 13) and complete them on Thursday (June 14). I will be admitted for the 3 ½-4 hour surgery on Friday morning. We will call the surgery center Thursday afternoon to get the exact surgery time.
I have been walking 2-3 miles everyday and have now lost 21 pounds. It’s very motivating to think of Dr. McDreamy (Grey’s Anatomy fans will know what I’m talking about) seeing you naked on an operating table! Okay, Dr. Novick isn’t quite Dr. McDreamy but he’s world renown doctor and, who knows, maybe McDreamy will be part of the surgery team! Either way…it’s very motivating!
We feel strong in faith and mind then along comes those hugs and encouraging words and our strong minds and bodies turn to mush. Mike has resorted to wearing sunglasses to hide tears. I just let them flow. After that first Sunday in church and the healing prayer, I went straight to Wal Mart and bought water proof eyeliner and mascara. I think the tears are very cleansing and I’m trying to embrace them!
I’m planning to talk to my daycare children this week and answer any questions they might have. A few are having nightmares and worrying about the word cancer. Many have lost relatives to cancer and they are relating those losses to me. They melt my heart.
The Cleveland Cavs will be playing 3 games in Cleveland while I’m at the Clinic! Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday, 12th, 14th & 17th. Good things are happening in Cleveland and I pray that includes me!
Please be sure to include my family in your prayers.
My church is having a fasting for me in preparation for prayer. One meal or all day fast on Wednesday, 13th Be sure to drink water or juice to prevent dehydration. The prayer marathon will be Thursday-Friday (June 14-15th), 30 minute installments. The church will be open all night if enough sign up. You can call the church office to reserve a time. You can also choose to pray at home. Our family will be praying & fasting in Cleveland. The phone number of Frazeysburg United Methodist Church is 828-2201. Our secretary is Debbie or contact Pastor Jeff. I feel empowered by the Grace of God and my prayer warriors!
To my Church family….I have enjoyed Pastor’s sermons on Genesis! Will someone please take notes and give me scripture while I am gone? (or video the sermons) I am sad thinking about missing Sunday services and Vacation Bible School.
Whoever takes over vbs music…have fun and don’t be afraid tobe silly with the kids! It’s a great theme this year GAME DAY CENTRAL “WHERE HEROES ARE MADE!”…so much potential for JOY and JESUS! I would suggest some “warm-up” exercises before Opening and some “stretches & cool down” exercises for Closing…much like a sports practice session! And have fun wearing uniforms and hats! Maybe I will be able to visit! I’m praying about it!
I have started having some crazy food cravings….Tuna, chile, bread & butter pickles, sweet pickles, olives and pizza. It sounds like I’m pregnant! I’m not!
We will leave for the clinic one week from today. We have decided to drive over Tuesday evening to be there for the Wednesday morning tests. Valerie, Mom and I will go over together then the rest of the family will join us Thursday. Mike will work Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday nights then drive over with son in law Matt on Thursday. Chad is flying in from North Carolina Thursday. Sisters in law, Patsy and Cookie will be there Thursday night too along with my sister Ida & brother Donnie and stay through the surgery. I am excited to see everyone Thursday…I’m sure we won’t be doing much sleeping. We can watch the Cav’s game together! I’m not sure who all will be at the clinic during the surgery…but I know that waiting room will be filled with love and prayers (and I hope some laughs).
Val is still hoping to get up a blog/website for family and friends to check my progress in Cleveland. We will let you know if that happens. We have no idea what we are doing but it’s a great idea! I loved it when family friend, Ginger Miller, was going through her stem cell transplant at The James and her blog kept us updated. I especially loved when Tom and Sally asked us, through the blog, to say extra prayers during the rough times. I couldn’t be with her in Columbus but I felt connected through her “blog.” I was blessed when she didn’t need it anymore and shared in the celebration of her recovery, but it had become such a part of my day that I mourned that blog for a while!
Lots of people ask about kidney transplant. Dr. Novick never even mentioned it at our appointment. I hope that means he is pretty optimistic about saving my kidney. And, from what I’ve researched, transplants do take some planning and preparation. I have dozens of people wanting to be tested and offering their kidney. I don’t have the words to tell you how much that means to us.
We are looking forward to this weekend of dance recitals and church with our family and friends. We are going to fill our souls with music, dance, family, friends and God! I know church is going to be emotional but I can’t wait. I already don’t want it to be over….for the first time, I hope Pastor Jeff runs really LONG!!
Thank you for the wonderful email messages & cards. We have saved them all to read over and over!
The Clinic Guesthouse has a computer room. Val and I will try to update you from there prior to surgery and Valerie & Chad can keep you updated after the surgery.
Thank you for the fasting and prayer. We feel like we’re preparing for battle and we have an army surrounding us and the Grace of God leading our way. We’re ready…..
Love to all…
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment