Saturday, January 12, 2008

Doctors, brain surgery, new baby, TV b-ball, Billy's 40th!

It was a BUSY week around here!

I had doctor appointments on Monday and Friday...local doctors and nothing to report as we wait on test results.

Our little 5 year old (almost 6) Conner Crabtree had brain surgery on Tuesday at Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. The surgery was successful but Conner is having some rough times recovering. He is the happiest, busiest little guy and all this hospital, sick stuff is new to him....and very confusing and scary. I believe each day will be a little better especially now that he is home. I really want to go see him but am trying hard to wait until tomorrow to give him a day to rest up and get into a routine at home. Thank you to all my blog family and friends for the prayers you sent up for Conner. He and his family are like a part of our family and we love them very much.

Speaking of family...we have a new member! Our great nephew, Isaac Douglas Adams, was born to our niece Heidi and her sweet husband, Van, on Wednesday, January 9th. I think Isaac might share a birthday with our cousin Leslia Wagner, in Akron! He is a precious little guy just like his big brother Jacob! Congratulations to the Heidi, Van and Jacob as well as to my brother and sis in law...Grandpa Donnie and Grandma Robin and Great Grandparents..Grandma Yvonne and Grandpa David!

Tri Valley basketball team came back with a win last night after a surprising loss to Morgan on Tuesday. We beat Crooksville and travel to Reynoldsburg tonight for a big test in Div I. GO Dawgs!

I bought a Tri Valley Diamond Dawgs sweatshirt last night in preparation for nephew Logan's last year of high school baseball. Rumor has it he is already clocking 89mph pitches! WOOF! WOOF!
First game is in March!

Nephew Landon scored 10 points for the TV 8th grade basketball dawgs on Thursday! Great game Landon!

Niece Tayler is a Junior at Kent State and made the President's List for her 4.0 Winter Quarter! She is studying Speech Pathology. Way to go Tay!! Watch all the local newspapers for the article on Tayler that Grandma Yvonne submitted!

It was such a busy week...that I didn't see my grandchildren at all! I know the girls were busy with dance and homework projects, Andrew is starting science fair and I think his 2nd session of indoor soccer at Kids America!

Madison's dance team performs at the Cleveland Cavs game on February 2nd. I think they perform at the Coshocton HS basketball game on Friday, February 1st. I'm trying to get Tri Valley to bring them over for a performance! Why don't you all request them too! (Elite Dance Team out of Kid's America...MIss Jennifer's Studio) Last year's dance was so impressive, the Cavs used it on their homepage through the summer!

As far as I know...Grace's pierced ears are doing great! 1 week down and 5 to go before we can put in some new earrings! She has an earring tree all picked out at Claires and I guarantee she will have earrings to match every outfit! She will not leave in the same pair for more than a day!

Andrew is 14 and growing up! He is doing well in school and still loves soccer! As grandparents, we know the day will come when they are busy with friends and sports. It just makes the time we do have together even more special. He chilled with us for a couple of days before heading back to school from Christmas break. It was fun! He is such a great kid!

A SHOUT OUT TO BILLY POTTER WHO TURNED 40 THIS WEEK!!! The gang surprised him at The Sports Zone last night and you can read all about it on the liveincoshocton blog! (I hope that is correct...I'll check it out and let you know) We didn't make it but we knew it would be a fun time without us and it certainly was!! Happy Birthday Billy P!

Mike is in Columbus at the Shott, watching high school basketball games....its a "guy thing!" He is watching 5 top boy teams including Zanesville and Newark. He was pumped! He is disappointed with the basketball MVL forum. The football forum was so busy with lots of posts but the basketball forum is lacking. He was dying to talk to someone this morning! I'm still thinking a Saturday morning Sports Talk and coffee group would be a great idea for you sport junkies!! I was putting on my make up for an early morning hair appointment and he was pacing and talking MVL basketball as I eye lined, powdered and blushed...it's very distracting to me!!!

Somebody call this man! Gregg Meadows are you out there!! Call my husband on Saturday mornings!

That was our busy week!

Conner..keep getting well buddy! Van and Heidi...send pictures of Isaac & Jacob at home and give them kisses from their Frazeysburg family! Pray for my test results to come back normal! Good luck to the TV Dawgs at all the schools. Love to my Coshocton Family....Valerie has started a new Miller Family Blog and may I say...it is a SLOW start! She got us all excited and all we have seen all week are Cats, Christmas trees and pierced ears!(nothing new in 7 days!) Don't leave us hanging out here!!

Hello to my friend Luann who is Arizona for a couple of months! Enjoy the warm air and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you continue your treatments! Let me know when you fly to Cleveland! I want to pray with you!

Hello to son Chad in North Carolina! Have a great weekend!

Mike just called from the Shott. Nephew Todd Barcus got them tickets and they are in a suite! Sweeeeet! Zanesville's game starts in just a few minutes!

Have a great week everyone! I'll be back!

7 comments:

Valerie Miller said...

Kirby's blog is www.livefromcoshocton.blogspot.com

Mom, I know you REALLY want Tri Valley to have your grand daughter's dance team, but I talked to Miss Jennifer and I think it is a scheduling thing, With competions through March, there aren't any weekends left in Feb with performing at the local high schools around here! We love Gma Leslie's support though! :)

Yeah, I know you are the pro blogger making me look bad, but I updated mine finally! LOL

I didn't know about Tayler, that is great, it must run in our gene pole the girls in our family are all so smart!

Madison says hi, Grace says she wants to play toon town, so I have to get off here.

Love ya, see ya soon!

Leslie Bebout said...

Thanks for the blog correction for Kirby's site! I love that blog! I know I tell you that all the time! Coshocton is lucky to have him!

Okay...so THIS spring is too busy for my Elite team to dance at Tri Valley...so schedule them for the beginning of NEXT season! I think they start in November or the beginning of December!! I am so proud of these dancers...can you tell!

Tell the girls I said Hi. What are they doing tonight? Would they like to spend the night? Did they do all their chores?

I'd better get mine done!
love you...big hugs!

Teresa said...

just wanted to let you know I have started a blog...just hope I can keep up with it...if not be sure give me heck for it...lol

enjoy the rest of the weekend

Leslie Bebout said...

TERESA!!

You can't tell me you started a blog then not give me the blog site!

I'm going to email you!

How exciting! Your family will love it! (me too)

Love ya!
Leslie

Angie King said...

Wow!! You are one lucky aunt & mother!
That duaghter of yours...I don't know about her!! Smarts running in the gene pool...who's she talking about...I'm not related to you guys!! HAHA!
LOL...see ya Monday!

Teresa said...

sorry here it is....lol http://teresakyle.blogspot.com/

i just figured you could click on my name and it would send you to it...lol

sorry

Teresa said...

OH Leslie...are you meaning to tell me the seperation issues never go away??? hehehe. I am just starting a new path in my life of teenagerhood...I dont know what I will do in 2 more years when LK graduates. I guess I will have deal with life as it is giving to me. Just will be hard since LK is my only one I have..haha. Oh and to fill u in on Mom and Rick. I think they will be leaving either the 20th or the 21st of this month..only a week or so to go...YIPPY..love when Mom is here! I plan on giving her some Theropy here at the house ..going to walk her and do some streatchs with her..going to whip that woman back in shape! hehehe. But I think she is doing a wonderful job all by herslef. She looks wonderful!! I will try to blog later..on the events in my day! TTYL Teresa