Monday, January 21, 2008

Great Weekend

Mike and I went to Coshocton Friday afternoon to see the Grandchildren as they came home from an Early Dismissal Day at school! Is there anything better than kids running to you off the school bus!

We played board games and Wii bowling and read books then went to Kids America for an hour of exercise and fun! We rented all the Bourne Identity movies for when the kids went to bed. Val fixed salsa chicken and corn for dinner...yummy! We made it through the first movie Friday night.

We stayed all night and went to Kids America again Saturday morning...I walked while everyone did their own things....the kids just took turns with Grandpa on the basketball court, mommy in the weight room and me on the track. The time went by so quickly. Then home to watch the next Bourne movie! We ate lunch then headed back to KA to watch Andrew play a soccer game at 1pm. Then back to the Miller's to watch the final Bourne movie! What a fun weekend! By the time we got home, we were exhausted!

We watched some college basketball and went to sleep!

Mike had a 9am basketball game at Licking Valley and I went to church after which I got hooked on an old movie starring Andy Griffith, which delayed my groceries until 1:30. The grandchildren were all supposed to stay here Sunday night so I was in Grandma mode....buying their favorite foods and planning a fun night. Madison ended up with a friend and Andrew decided he wanted to stay home and have a friend over. So it was me, Grandpa and Grace! We fixed a yummy dinner, cleaned the kitchen, made buckeyes, pulled out the sofa bed, did homework, read a book and went through the basket of sea shells. Grace is picking out 100 for her "100 days of school" project. PJ time and everyone went to bed around 9.

That was our weekend! It's been very cold in Ohio....single digit highs and sub zero lows and windchills. It's very CRISP!

Grace is ready to have some more fun! She wants to make snowflakes! Back to "Grandma mode!"

Hope everyone has a great week!
love to all...

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I have a question. If Valerie can cook, why is Matt the one always bringing the cookies to the Tribune?