Thursday, June 7, 2007

Hard Goodbyes....

Today was the last day with my daycare bunch until the end of July. We kept going all day...no rest time today! We played and ate and walked to Grandma Hood's and rode the flying swings again and ate the darling swimming pool cake that Conner & Cortney's mom made for us. Two & three pieces for everyone! We ate the whole thing! The kids made clubhouses all over the playroom and read books and put make-up and nail polish on each other! It was wonderful!!! Mike took the boys to the ball field to hit some woffle balls.

Everyone went home at 5 and I got lots of big hugs! I love those really squeezy hugs! I took grandson Andrew home and looked at all the new landscaping at their new house and the swingset and the pictures on the walls! I loved everything!

On the way back to Frazeysburg I was listening to my favorite Kathy Troccoli cd, "Comfort" and got inspired to sing in church this Sunday. Am I crazy! I cry at the drop of a hat these days but I love this song and I really feel led to sing it. So I unlocked the church and went in and practiced it several times by myself. I wish I had piano music or an accompaniment tape but not enough time for those so it will be me and Kathy... if I do it!

Anyway, I prayed at the altar while I was there. No big requests for the tumors or the kidney....just prayers of thanks for my family and friends. I am feeling pretty overwhelmed these days by the cards and emails and hugs and scripture! Amen.....deep breath....... headed out of the church. In the foyer I saw the prayer warriors sign up sheet. My church family is praying for me in 30 minutes increments beginning Thursday night through Friday afternoon. Every slot was represented with the exception of 3am-4am. I just sat down on that foyer floor and cried. I cried hard....that loud, sloppy, runny nose cry. I felt all your arms around me while I was sitting on that floor crying. I love you all so much. Thank you. May God bless you as you are blessing me and my family.

As silly as it sounds, sometimes it still doesn't seem real. I have tumors in my good kidney. I don't feel sick. I have no obvious symptoms. Where is this journey leading me and why am I on this journey? God...are you listening to me, my beloved Savior? It's summer and I had lots of other things planned! I am letting my plans go and putting my life in Your Hands. We'll take this journey together...by the way....I'm bringing along lots of family and friends...hope that's okay with You!

I'm tired tonight....good tired...eating a big swimming pool cake and cleaning up after 11 children tired. I can't wait to be that tired again! See you all in July!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying for the best! We are praying for you and your family.
Lot of Love - Jen

Valerie said...

Mom...How can I fill your shoes with writing updates!? I have always said you have a gift with words. I am so glad you had personal time yesterday, I could feel the pain in your heart and through your eyes, I know it was a hard day. You are SINGING sunday....oh Mom...I won't even wear eye make up! I love you so much!

Ginger Miller said...

From one survivor to another- You can do this!! God does not call the equipped, he equips the called; and you are a wonderful testimony already!! You will laugh alot and cry alot, but know that Jesus is that undescribable presence around you and He weeps and laughs with you; we are given challenges to make us stronger, and to show others that the Christian walk is hard, but worth it, and most importantly to show that He makes us strong, we don't make us strong. Oh Les, who would've thought that a year ago we all were saying what in the heck is a blog?!? and now we are seasoned pros and I will be looking for your entries everyday; I hope you are able to enjoy yours, I still read mine and get quite a chuckle from the ones I wrote in a 'pharmaceutical state' :) I place you in the company of Job...God allowed Satan to test him, knowing full well that Job would sing His praises through it all, even when his friends doubted, Job stayed faithful...to think that out of everyone in the world, God chose Job, because He knew of His faithfulness...oh for all of us to be a shining light that God sees and knows in His heart of hearts that we will praise Him in all things good and bad...you sister, are in great company!! Can I get a witness?!?!?! Love you so much, and I know you are plenty strong, just remember you focus on you and know that there are multitudes praying for you. (if that 3a-4a is still open, it would be an honor to 'stand in the gap for you').

Michele said...

My Dear Leslie,
You are so amazing...I am inspired by you! You did such a wonderul job singing yesterday in church...I truly enjoyed every minute! I wish I could be with you and your family this week...please know that I will constantly be with you in thought and prayer. The children will miss you terribly this summer...it was so different this morning not seeing you first thing. You have been a bright part of our days for the past 4 1/2 years. I know that God will take good care of you! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Love you lots Les! - Michele-

The Hunter's said...

Leslie,
I really don't know what to say.
Except we LOVE you and we are praying with you. I wish I could be more like you. You're so full of life. On those bad mornings when I'm fighting with Taylor and trying to drag her out the door so I can get to work on time, I get to your house and see you always in your good mood and in good faith and it helps to put me at easy. She is VERY luck to have someone like you in her life. We all are. You are an inspiration to ALL of us.
All our love and prayers,
Michele