Mom had a great night, she is only taking 1 perkeset now!!!!! What a difference. Dad got there at 5am and they walked 6 laps already this morning. Mom and I talked yesterday about wondering how different things would be if she wouldn't have walked the month prior and prepared her body for this. Not to mention the 25 pounds she lost while preparing. It is exciting to think about how this has changed her life and I am confident God will continue to use her. If he can just use her in Non-surgical ways! HAHA....joking.
The doctor has been in and expects her to be released to the Clinic Guest House today. She cannot wait to take her first breath of "fresh air" and see the sunshine. Dr. Novic's personal RN will be in before 10 and that is who will tell us if she can get the staples and drain out Wed. or Thurs. (pray for wednesday...Thursday is her birthday!!!!) She will also be the one to actually discharge her. So, I will pass along that exciting news as soon as I get the call!
10:10am continued update......I just got the call, and decided just to tag it onto this post.....She gets to come HOME WEDNESDAY!!!!!!! She is heading to the Clinic Guest House today, hopefully by lunch!
Someone shared with me something the day before the surgery, it now summarizes Mom's journey.....
"If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so glad you are doing so well! We have been gone this weekend and I couldn't wait to get the update. We will be praying for Wednesday! Keep up the hard work!- it's paying off!
Jenny
Les,
You have shown so much strength and determination and I am so happy to know you are doing well!! You and your entire family have been in my prayers! Hooray for coming home!! :)
Love, Megan
LESLIE, So glad to hear the good news about your release. I will continue to pray for you and take it easy. God sure has a way of wrapping his arms around us when we need it. Take care!
Luann
Hi Leslie & Mike, We are so happy to hear everything has went well. I'm glad you're being released this week. We have been praying for you daily along with all your friends and family. Take Care, Love Gary & Sharon Oliver
Hi--I can't believe you are coming home so soon...and just in time for your birthday! What a celebration that will be! Take care...you are in my thoughts and prayers every day.
Love, Donna
Post a Comment