Me, Suzy, Val
All the girls--thanks for the love and supportWe added a journey to our journey this weekend!
Before all this kidney stuff, Val and I were supposed to travel to North Carolina this weekend to attend our friend's baby shower and hang out with Chad. The surgery was scheduled on June 15th. The baby shower on June 16 couldn't happen....bummer.
The surgery got rescheduled for June 20th and we decided to take a road trip with husbands and kids and see Uncle Chad and go to the baby shower! We would camp out in Uncle Chad's 2 bedroom house!
We almost canceled Thursday night. We didn't realize how tired we would be after the 2 days of pre-op testing at the clinic. We decided to get some sleep and see how we felt in the morning. We planned to leave at 5am but didn't get going until after 7. We took Andrew in our car and Val & Matt kept the girls & the corn hole boards in their van. We got to Cary around 4pm after getting stuck in a couple of traffic jams in Charleston and again in the Blue Ridge Mtns.
It was a fun trip! Early morning walks, swimming pool, great friends, baby stuff, cook out, good food and lots of corn hole!
We got home today at 2. We are unpacking and repacking for the Clinic. Mike & I are heading over tomorrow evening. One more test to do Tuesday morning. It will be 3 hours long. I start "prepping" for the surgery at 3pm Tuesday afternoon. Lots of family and friends are heading over to stay at the guesthouse with us Tuesday night.
I will call the clinic between 2 & 4 Tuesday to get my surgery report time. (I will post it here). I will go to the surgery center at that time and surgery will begin 1-2 hours later.
My Prayer Warriors are fasting tomorrow to prepare for the prayer vigil on Tuesday & Wednesday. I am humbled by their love & support.
I listened to my Kathy Troccoli and CeCe Winans cd's while driving through the mountains today. It was beautiful and inspiring. God is big!! Huge! My little kidney tumors are nothing compared to his creations and miracles! I'm ready for the next part of the journey. Mike & I will try to write you a new post from Cleveland tomorrow or Tuesday.
Please come to the site and "talk" to me! It will make Cleveland so much closer to home if I hear from you!
We have many funny stories to tell about our weekend trip. Maybe Val will share some if she gets time....most of them happened in her van! Our car was quiet and wonderful and happy!
I'll talk to you all Monday night or Tuesday.
Love to everyone....pray for my blood pressure. It has been perfect here but was high at all my clinic testing appointments last week.
Mike, Val, Matt, Andrew, Madison, Grace, Chad, Keri & all the Oak Island/Raleigh gang. Thanks for an incredible road trip! hugs to everyone!
6 comments:
Hi Leslie---So glad you were able to go on that road trip! I am constantly amazed at how God uses something we first see as a negative (the surgery date change) and use it as a blessing (the road trip)!! You are right...God is huge and we do not have to look far to see how marvelous He is! Blessing to you and your family as you move along on this journey. I will be thinking of you!
DONNA! THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT. It is like receiving a gift! A really big one! I know Cleveland Clinic is an awesome place but it feels so far away from family and friends! Hearing from everyone really keeps me calm and I even feel like you are with me.
I have been listening to one of Kathy's songs and it says..."if there had never been a battle, how would we know the VICTORY!" (which reminds me of the song...Victory in Jesus....!) I am certainly not a expert on the Bible and I have a terrible memory but I am so thankful for the verses and songs that do just "pop into my head!" Thank you Jesus! I'm sure they were all in preparation for this battle!
Thank you Donna for your inspiration and your support of me and my family!
love you! hugs for Scott & the girls! Gma Leslie
Hi Leslie! Thanks so much for the Blog! I check in daily to see how things are going! Please know that I've been praying for you and Mike and the rest of the family. We all know you'll come through this with no problems! I'm so happy that you got to enjoy such a great weekend with the family! Keep the posts coming, it's comforting for all of us who can't be with you in person to feel closer to you!! Lots of hugs!!
Love, Kristen
Thanks Kristen!
I love you all too! And I love that you check on us everyday!
Thank you so much for the support and prayers. It means more than we can say...
Grace says....
You are the very best Grandma in the world, you are my favorite Grandma. I hope you do not cry and I hope you feel better when you feel very yucky, but soon later I would call you. Even if you are not home, I still love you, it is not very fun when you have to get surgery. You are the best. Bye I Love You, Gracie
Hi Grace..
Grandpa and I are at the Guesthouse! We are in room 642. We have to take the elevator up to the 6th floor.
I cried when I left my house but I am okay now. It isn't very fun here without you and Maddie &
Andrew.
We are in the gameroom and Grandpa is drinking a rootbeer. There are lots of people on their laptop computers.
I love you...please be a good girl and say your prayers for me everynight and I will say them for you!
Big hug from Grandma Leslie
Post a Comment