Sunday, June 24, 2007

Looking good still....

Okay, I am home and leaving was a bit emotional. Mom is having a good day, but I hope she misses me! haha I just called. Seeing the kids was so rewarding, and I came home to a "welcome home mom" display that I knew took a long time to create.

I keep forgetting to tell everyone that they tested Mom's kidney function yesterday and it is GREAT!

I am so proud of my Dad and believe it or not, he was the toughest to say goodbye to. We had been such a team (including Chad and Gma) But, he has been and will continue to be right by Mom's side, and if I didn't think he and Gma could handle it, I would still be there. I have complete trust in them! They just BETTER call me!!!!! I know my jobs "hand holding, walking enforcer, hair stylist" will be taken care of.

Of course I miss my Mom too, but I know she will only work harder to get home and have the greeting from the kids that I just had! And we will be there waiting for her to pull in the driveway!!

I keep wanting to call them, but I know they will keep me updated. Not knowing what she is doing and how she is feeling is completely driving me nuts. It is consuming my mind. Is this how you have all felt? haha

The posts probably won't be as frequent now, but I will do my best to update a morning and evening update until my Mom can take this over herself! Won't that be great to get the first message from her!? Oh, I can't wait! That just made me cry thinking about it.....or maybe just thinking about her.....which I am sure I will be doing a lot of now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that the pain is getting better and that your kidney functions are great! Val take care I know it is hard to be away from your MOM, but I'm sure she is in good hands.

Luann

Anonymous said...

Wow! This news today is SO much better than yesterday. God is so good. And your kidney function is GREAT! How awesome is that! You are definitely in God's hands. I miss you, but I'm so glad to see that you are steadily improving.
My prayers are still going upwards.
Lots of love, Debbie B.

Anonymous said...

Val, could you let your mom know aht Amber, Darrin, Kutter and Austin are thinking about her and are so glad to hear that her kidney fuction is great. Your family has been in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie,
Things are sounding much better. We have been down home all weekend and I wasn't able to see how you were doing. I was so anxious to get on here and read all about it. It pains me to read the rough times you have had, but it sounds likes things are really getting better. I just wanted to tell you a quick story. It really melted my heart. We got home last night about 10:00. Both of the kids were asleep, you know one of those times you just hope you can get them from the car into their beds and they remain that way. Well of course Conner didn't. He sleepily says I have to say my prayers mom, I said I know. He says I have to pray for my teacher, I said ok. So this is what he said "Dear Jesus, Thank you for my teacher, she is the bestest teacher in the whole world. Please let her get a better kidney. Amen" Wow, it brought tears to my eyes. Makes you wonder what is going on in their little minds. I just thought you may enjoy that, they really do miss you and you are constantly on all of our minds and in our prayers. We can't wait to see you! Love you Leslie! -Michele-