Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blessed....with a capital B

Another "WOW" sermon from Pastor Jeff. Based on Joshua 14:6-15....growing old. It should be more like a race...you pace yourself so you have a burst of energy for the end!! Do not retire and do nothing! It was much more powerful than my little synopsis but you get the idea!

Then, we celebrated our 50 year church members today which included Mike's sisters Cookie and Donna. We missed Donna who did not attend, but were so happy to have Cookie with us. Many old friends were getting "Cookie" hugs and catching up. It was wonderful to have her there after all the praying we did during her serious pancreas surgery in January. She is another example of answered prayer. Cookie actually took a minute to personally thank everyone in the church for all the cards, notes and prayers. It was emotional.

Mike is so proud of his sisters(I love them too) and we really had hoped to have them all there together. You know how much we love good photo opportunities!! We got some good ones of the current and past 50 year members...I will post as soon as I can!

Then....we went downstairs for the POTLUCK! Is there anything better than a church potluck? Oh my that food was wonderful and there were lilacs in the middle of the food table that were so fragrant...mmmmm, I can still smell them. I miss having a lilac bush. So, DIET and POTLUCK are 2 words that usually don't go together but I survived. I had a piece of ham, green beans and broccoli...Yum! Those no bake cookies were SCREAMING at me but I resisted! It helped to have so many people talking and visiting during the meal! Patting myself on my back...

It was such a busy morning that I forgot to weigh in! I will do it tomorrow morning.

Grandson, Andrew, is working his first day at ACE Hardware and reports are that he is doing a FANTASTIC job. Lots of carry outs....big ones like bags of mulch! He is wearing a 2 way radio so they call him when he is needed. Co-workers said he is going to be one tired teenager when he gets home. I don't think he even took a lunch break! His dad is so proud that he got a bit emotional. Don't you just love those moments! Sometimes they are rare with teenagers!

Mike and I have talked ourselves out of Wal Mart today...hanging at home! Still didn't get our garden plants and the only flowers I have are the lilies that come up every year on their own and the beautiful plant that one of my daycare families brought me...Thank you Kings! Honestly...we need just one more weekend day to get everything done!

It's been a great weekend though! I love the little chill in the air today...my kind of weather!



Today's devotion...
"You were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's" 1Corinthians 6:20

...put on your running shoes and honor God every day in your body. (Sheila Walsh...A Grand New Day Daily Devotion)



Oh my this one was about DIETING and the terrible cycles and the waste of money. Decide to honor God in your body! Well, I wish I had figured that out 40 years ago! Don't you just love it when your Bible readings, daily devotions, Bible studies hit you right between the eyes!

Bullseye!

No comments: