So...today is the 2 week mark. Mike lost 17 and I lost 9. I am going to start moving him into regular food and he wants to lose more so we will be counting caleries...that's the bottom line. I am staying on the program and adding exercise.
We had our lean & green for lunch today. Taco salad....Mike licked his plate so that is a good sign! Old days...filled a dinner size plate and didn't think about amounts! Today...1 1/2 cups of shredded lettuce, half roma tomato cut into 6 small chunks, tablespoon of salsa, 5 ounces of ground turkey with teas of taco seasoning, tablespoon of sour cream and chopped green onion sprinkled on top!(no refried beans, no nacho chips or crushed taco shells, everything measured and preplanned) It was so pretty and so good. After I got it to the table I got the idea of taking a packet of our snack multi grain crackers and breaking them into the salad for a bit of crunch! Yummy!
We are going to a movie tonight...I can have diet pop butI haven't any kind of pop since last Novemeber. So, thinking about just taking a bottle of water in my purse and a meal replacement bar! Wish me luck!!
We have both decided we are sleeping better and have more energy through the day. We are now very satisfied with our measured meals and don't feel a need for 2nd and 3rd helpings. I am going to have food calerie lists available for him at work and for us at home.
Working on laundry today and reading THE SHACK. Mike just left to help at Pool Clean Up Day in Coshocton.
Grandson, Andrew, goes for his driver's permit on Tuesday and starts his first official job at Ace Hardware next Sunday.
Life is good right now....
My morning devotion..."The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever." Psalm 138:8
Make yourself available & open to God each day! Sounds good to me!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment