Valerie completed her first half marathon in 2 hours 22 minutes. She ran the hills of northern Kentucky (which she says were definitely mountains...not hills) and the streets of Cincinnati. She said the support in Cincinnati was unbelievable....wonderful fans!!! We hated missing this one but were very proud of her completing it!
She got back in time to see the program at the church Mother's Day Banquet. Her dad was a surprise performer. The program was "Legends" in music. We heard from Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, Sonny & Cher, The Beatles, Supremes, June & Johnny Cash and the finale was The Village People...Mike was the motorcycle guy! He was fabulous in leather!!! It was so much fun! As soon as I figure out what is going on with my camera, I will have pictures to share!!!
I did great at the banquet. Menu was baked steak and mashed potatoes in gravy, green beans, cole slaw, applesauce, roll and dessert buffet. I cleaned all the gravy off my steak, doubled up my green beans and skipped everything else. I actually went upstairs and got a great seat for the program while the desserts were being enjoyed. Thanks to family and friends who are being so supportive!!!
I was down a pound this morning....that's 7 for me and Mike said he stayed at -14 which I am very suspect about. Seems to me he would have sweat off a pound or two dancing in that leather last night!!! I think he is being sensitive to me and wants to keep me encouraged but I really am happy for him and so proud. And I totally know that he moves way more than me during his days at work! I might get a little moody once in a while but I am happy with both of our results.
Feels like I'm starting the weekend a little behind...could have used one more day off. The granddaughters were here Saturday and Sunday and we spent more time playing than doing weekend chores. It was fun and we were so proud of them at church on Sunday!
Happy Monday....Congrats to Val!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment