Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Golf Widow...

Mike left with 19 of his closest and craziest family and friends to golf at Pipestem, West Virginia for 3 days. It's a beautiful state park located just past the last WV toll and fairly close to the WV/VA border. He brings home incredible pictures and even more incredible stories of this annual golf trip. They actually take a tram 1100 feet down to their lodge/hotel! We hope to take a weekend trip this year so I can experience some of the mountain magic of the area! Son in law, Matt, says if you hit too far out of bounds on this course, your ball drops off the side of the mountain! Mike was up way too early, pacing and waiting for Pipestem rookie/nephew Todd Barcus to pick him up! They are going to have a great time!

So, I have my little guys today...we didn't get to the church yesterday to practice for our graduation ceremony at the end of the month. We opted to play outside. We are heading over today which will probably work out better...no Bible Study so we can go earlier. Then I am heading back to Coshocton for Andrew's Tennis Banquet. They went undefeated and won their league...might be the first time in school history to go undefeated. I will let you know tomorrow after the banquet.

The video I did for their graduation is precious BUT they forgot the picture of me and the boys at the end. I hope they will re-do it for me. The last few pictures are without music and I don't LOVE that but could live with it if our group picture was there. My video guy is on the golf trip so we will work it out upon his return. He is a great friend so I'm sure he will work with me. I removed a few pictures to make it work better with the music.

Madison did a BEAUTIFUL job at her piano recital. There was a big group and they were all awesome! I just love her teacher, Jan Coffman. I love Jan's entire family! She teaches 5 or 6 of her grandchildren and they were so cute! The youngest boys are also very ornery which makes it fun! Madison was all dressed up with a little "flip" in her hair and a darling hair bow. As we were getting into my car she said "Grandma, if I were older, I would wear this dress to the prom." It was a precious moment....

Grace was a little unhappy at all the attention Madison was getting. She got herself into all kinds of trouble with smart remarks. Her daddy even put her nose into the corner. Oh, our little Grace! She likes being the baby and the center of attention. She is signed up to take piano next year....It will be interesting to see if she is as committed as her sister. I just love that child and all her spunk!

Diet went great yesterday...took my talapia fish and salad to Val's to fix. Took enough for her too. She ate it and wanted to know where dessert was..silly girl! She loved the salad dressing...I do too! I'm not a big vinegar and oil lover but this was recommended on my diet plan and it's my favorite...Wish Bone Red Wine Vinaigrette (with extra virgin olive oil). Grace's little fingers kept reaching onto our plates to grab pieces of lettuce! Val is picking some up at the store today!

Today's devotion....(you will know this one!)



"God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son so that whoever believes in him may not be lost, but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world guilty, but to save the world through him." John 3:16-17

Jan Silvious goes on to say....God watches us as eagles watch & care for their young and when we are big enough to leave the nest, he stirs it up, forcing us to get out and fly. But he is always ready to catch us on his strong feathers if our weak little wings should fail.



That is comforting... especially for golf widows who are on their own for a few days! It's nice to know we have big comfy wings to catch us if we start to fall!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: