Thursday, May 14, 2009

Painful Goodbye.....Danny is gone!

American Idol fans let my guy down last night...Danny has gone home! I've made no secret of my non love for Adam...he is good...too good. He will have no problem making it on his own without all the American Idol benefits. I was supporting the average "Joes"...Kris and Danny. I loved Danny's story...his wife dying 4 weeks before the auditions! And honestly, I never really noticed Kris too much...he sorta grew on me as the weeks progressed....but Danny has always been my number 1. I guess my life will go on...without Danny.

My little Pre-Kindergarten class of 5 boys rocked the Kindergarten tests yesterday! I am so proud of those little guys! My last mommy emailed me and said they were the last of my group to test and the teachers were singing my boys' praises...in fact...they took their names so as not to put them all in the same class in the Fall....they knew too much and would be bored!! You could get 23 points and my group scored from 18/23, 21/23 to 23/23! I am bursting this morning...helping to get me through the emotional Danny dumping last night!

Hoping the storms won't be too bad this morning and always praying we don't lose power.

My new batch of Take Shape For Life food was delivered yesterday. Honestly, it felt like one of those life saving supply drops in a big crate from an airplane to people in need! I almost cried! I have been pretty much down to only drinks this week and that wasn't really satisfying my need for "crunch!" My mind was starting to wander to thoughts of Big Mac's, Taco Bell, KFC (those tv commercials were killing me)cakes and cookies. I was about to pull out my Cup of Soup (with way too much sodium) when I heard the big clunk on the front porch. My heart started singing "Halleluiah...Halleluiah..Halle...Luiah!"

The program sends you a month at a time but Mike did the first 2 weeks with me thus using 4 weeks of food in 2 weeks but I had received a week of free food which was helping but the only food with any texture was the oatmeal and I was down to one pack when my diet saving delivery was made! It was so exciting to unpack that food! I had Chicken & Rice soup for lunch and I moaned with delight at every bite! I had foo fooed the soy chips when I placed my first order but decided to give them a try....they are DEEEEEE-LICIOUS! It was a glorious diet day...my favorite, orange roughy fish for dinner with a salad of cucumbers, half a roma tomato and mushrooms. I was done for the night. A piece of Extra strawberry banana gum during Idol.

Mike had the same dinner but I also fixed him some sugar free cheesecake pudding with skim milk. I crumbled a half graham cracker on the bottom and added a few strawberries. Yes...he was moaning!!!

It sounds like we having lots of sex in here but we are actually just eating! lol..LOL..LOL

Better get to Bible and my Daily Devotion...

"Fear not: you will no longer live in shame. Don't be afraid; there is no more disgrace for you. You will no longer remember the shame of your youth." Isaiah 54:4

The devotional story by Sandi Patty tells of the 5 women in the book of Matthew: Rahab, prostitute; Tamar, seduced her father in law; Bathsheba, committed adultery; Ruth a Gentile, considered a pagan & an outsider; Mary, just another pregnant teenager. God made a special place in His heart for these unlikely five!

I love that! God uses broken men & women!
Today there is HOPE for all of us...

If you stop by my house today and hear "moaning," it's just me eating Maple Brown Sugar oatmeal or Vegetable Beef Stew or munching on Ranch flavored soy chips!

Hope your day is so good that you feel like moaning! :)


No comments: