Was preparing an early dinner for me and getting Mike's ready for when he got home last night, when I got a call from Val that Grace was running a fever. My early dinner was so I could attend her school concert last night. A trip to Urgent Care diagnosed a severe ear infection. She was with me over the weekend and had complained that her earrings were making her ear hurt. I didn't even think about INSIDE her ear. We took off her earrings and left them out of her ear on Sunday...it must have been starting then.
Matt had to go out of town today and Val had meetings scheduled so I asked if I could just keep her. I LOVE taking care of sick kids, especially grandchildren! I have the best memories of being sick when I was little and being made to feel so special by my mom! That nurturing was the best medicine ever!!
So...my little Grace is on my couch. The pain is better, thanks to antibiotic, but it is seeping up a storm. Doctor said the "drainage" will relieve the pressure and pain. We like that idea! As much as I hate the kids being sick.....I LOVE how lovey and snuggly they get!!!
We had a good night last night. Everyone was pretty tired and struggled to stay awake during Dancing and Idol! Surprised at Dancing elimination and hated the music on Idol last night...I was never much of a rocker chic and I'm not an Adam fan (didn't even recognize his song). I knew Chris and Danny would struggle with this music. Praying Danny doesn't go home. AND FOUR JUDGES....ACK!!! I always record and watch it later so I can FAST FORWARD through their comments!!!!
Planning to bake salmon tonight for dinner. First time to prepare and eat it. I'm really nervous!! Have back up of steak and chicken breast just in case!!!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment