Friday, May 8, 2009

Diet Day 13 AND 2 year Cancer Scans

I was so tired yesterday that I didn't even have time to blog. Mother's Day week in daycare and lots of extra little crafts and projects. The boys made beautiful little heart shaped sequined treasure boxes for their mommies and wonderful teapot cards. We did a little bit every day and they were so proud.

I need to go back and tell you the salmon from a couple of days ago was.....DELICIOUS!!! I have 3 recipes but I went with the one with roasted veggies because I had everything I needed with the exception of orange zest. So I roasted tomato wedges, onion wedges and minced fresh garlic(lightly coated in olive oil) in a 400 degree oven. It said for 45 minutes or until the edges started browning...mine were done in 20-25 minutes. Then, I removed the veggies, turned the oven up to 450, placed the salmon on the baking sheet and covered them with some of the roasted veggies and baked for 12 minutes. It was wonderful!! We can't wait to have them again!!!

I had orange roughy yesterday. Mike went to the Mason's dinner and had steak and salad with my dad and brother. Mike is now down 17 pounds!!! I have not weighed in this week but I know my numbers are NOT that big. But......I feel great. I feel lighter. I have not gone off this plan one time...not one time!

So, I left early this morning for my 2 year cancer scans. I have to admit as I drove past that Maple Avenue McDonalds I was thinking about that darn Bacon, Egg & Cheese biscuit(my favorite) that was on the commercial last night...but I also thought about all the caleries in that one breakfast sandwich! I didn't go home that way but I think I would have been ok if I had...good for me!

I came home for a few hours and was permitted to eat again. I had my oatmeal and big glass of water. I will eat another meal replacement before heading back down for a 1pm bone scan.

My technician, Barb, was very sweet and Abbie gave me my shot of something in my vein for my bone scan and she was a sweetie too. I feel very calm.

Mike is golfing with son in law, Matt, this morning. I would NOT let him take me. He sent me several "I love you" text messages. I think these scans and doctor appointments are harder on him than me. Mom called last night to see if I wanted her to take me. I told her I would be fine. Val called and said "Mom! I cannot believe it has been 2 years...it feels like you just had your surgery this year!."

I went back to June 2007 and read the beginning of this blog...only my 2nd time to do that...it always makes me cry...and rejoice!

My devotion this morning said..."I will be your God through all your lifetime, yes, even when your hair is white with age." Isaiah 46:4

THAT is good to know!!!

No comments: